• Breaking News

    Friday, January 31, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - January 30, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - January 30, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - January 30, 2020

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:05 AM PST

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Eve Is Dead Megathread: Day 4 of having to go outside edition

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:37 PM PST

    We've got a lot of threads going on about the server instability issues. As this appears to be a protracted problem - please use this sticky for all threads pertaining to the issue going forward.

    We'll refresh the thread every day or so, depending, for as long as this goes on.

    CCP Is posting the current status on their twitter:

    https://twitter.com/EVE_status

    If you lost ships and what not from the connectivity CCP has instructed to submit a ticket for reimbursement. Source.

    At least we've got Tarkov and Temtem to hold us over this dark, dark period.

    submitted by /u/Jibrish
    [link] [comments]

    Patience with the DDOS

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 07:53 PM PST

    I get it. Your multiple paid accounts are going unused for a few days, and it's awful. I'm struggling with you. But the constant "CCP better refund me" or "REEEEEEEEEEE" serves no purpose. They aren't the culprit for you being offline. And they are trying to fix it and in the past have comped the loss. Yes it sucks. Everyone is sorry. Have some patience.

    submitted by /u/V_Lelouche
    [link] [comments]

    If this DDoS attack is coming from players protecting their assets, like some in the community suspect, their whole corps/alliances should be permabanned

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:00 AM PST

    There should be no place in the game for actions like this. I am in full support of permabanning people who DDoS or attack infrastructure in other ways to get a gain ingame.

    submitted by /u/JimmyL2014
    [link] [comments]

    Remember the days: Eve Offline

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:20 PM PST

    Since Tranquility has been down so much due to the ddos attacks, is it time for the subreddit to go back to the good old days of being called EVE Offline?

    submitted by /u/Razeleao
    [link] [comments]

    "What is the point of the game" my wife asked me while she watched me play for a few minutes. "Too quit" I replied.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 03:43 PM PST

    She didn't get it

    submitted by /u/wraith5
    [link] [comments]

    RR Titan down

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 02:05 PM PST

    https://zkillboard.com/kill/81346663

    A Frat or NC spy told this dude that he needed the titan to bridge a Frieghter. Therefore, the titan joined a fleet and got the classic fleet-warp trick to the PL fortizar. Then the titan got dreadbombed.

    I guess the fleet-warp trick just never go out of style

    submitted by /u/Indepedent_1
    [link] [comments]

    Support ticket turn around time

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:27 AM PST

    I'm trying to regain access to my 3 old accounts after being without internet for 4 years. I've sent 2 emails and 1 support ticket with plenty of evidence of my ownership of the accounts but still have yet to hear anything from ccp. It's been over 2 weeks since my support ticket was submitted. Does anyone know how long normal turn around time is for something like this?

    submitted by /u/cobrajet04
    [link] [comments]

    Day 4 of winning eve

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:20 AM PST

    Capsuleers log update:

    Day 4 of being unable to properly connect with my pod. I can't remember if my skills are training or not.

    Someone pinged for help a few hours ago, does it matter?

    Concord put out these new packages for us, right as our ability to use them failed? Am I in danger? Was this part of the service update? Is there another threat?

    So much to do, yet it all languishes without my guiding hand.

    I think the sun came up outside... and for some reason I think I should greet it.

    submitted by /u/MinerDistraction
    [link] [comments]

    Funny DC'd stories, Tell your best Disconnected story past or recent.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 11:02 PM PST

    Here is mine.
    Patch Week, summer of '09, right before the launch of Worm Hole Space. FC and I were rushing to help our noobs that got themselves in a tight spot with someone. We both go through the Jumpgate together and get disconnected with everything in-game, except chat. We were chatting to each other as we got dumped into a gray space. Corp mates said we dropped off all corp and fleet channels but no log-off message. We had an error message on our HUD for location but we were still chatting with each other.
    We decided to log off when we logged back in we 20 jumps from our original location and more than 10 jumps from each other.
    It became corp lore, that we had broken into another dimension and flew with a feathered god.
    BTW, a similar thing happens to me today. This time I was solo and went through a Jumpgate into an infinite loop of wormhole graphics with no sound, just the static of space. I wonder if the feathered god is trying to contact me again?
    This time I got a video of it...

    submitted by /u/NotNormalGrandma
    [link] [comments]

    CCPPlease optional status updates in the Eve Portal app

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:01 PM PST

    It would be awesome to be able to know what is up with servers (both for when they are going down and when they are coming back online) using the app specifically for eve instead of Twitter. Don't get me wrong, Twitter is great, but relying on it when you have an official app is a weird decision.

    submitted by /u/Bargol1
    [link] [comments]

    EVE Fanfest 2020 - Hatari x Permaband

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    New one for me.. can't submit b/c can't login...

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 04:55 PM PST

    Whose alt is Aspai Anthar?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 01:49 PM PST

    Squishy's fleet kills a super bling Rattlesnake and everything drops: https://zkillboard.com/kill/81351118/

    Stiletto hauls loot back and gets bombed:

    https://zkillboard.com/kill/81351231/

    Lelele

    submitted by /u/DatoKoppla
    [link] [comments]

    Let's hold and think for a moment

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:10 AM PST

    Scrolling through comments I see a lot of people saying "just create a ticket" or even "Created X tickets and send Y emails". What if I told you that you're not exactly helping with the DDoS situation that way? Yes the ticket system and the actual game are on 2 different systems but it still doesn't help CCP which is beautifully show in the already much increased response time.

    Honestly can't be bothered to keep going with this thought here so I'm gonna end the actual post and leave the rest to the comments.

    submitted by /u/Igneel_Prime
    [link] [comments]

    CCP forgot the letter "d" on Sisi fitting simulator

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:11 PM PST

    Ship advice: expanded scanner fits

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    I enjoy scanning more for the combat scanning side. Finding high value wrecks to salvage, lost drones, etc.

    The Imiscus is doing well but I was hoping to upgrade. I got the SOE frigate with checking fittings first and was saddened to see it doesn't have CPU for expanded launcher.

    So what's the next step up from the basic frigates? I don't see much else with probe bonuses.

    submitted by /u/DeMiko
    [link] [comments]

    [Video] 0-Cal / FETID vs SC & Friends feat. Content leechers

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 09:55 AM PST

    Please close SISI if you're not going to/can't seed/fix the market

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:43 AM PST

    I realize CCP has much better things to do like circumventing the DDOS and getting people to be able to login. I realize that this is in fact, CCP's server.

    I don't do "l33t" pvp on SISI, but I've come to rely on it to test theory-craft, understand nuanced mechanics of the game and generally just test builds and engagement profiles, especially when it comes to new content. SISI was down for three weeks (longest in it's history IIRC) and came back three days ago. I was pretty excited when I saw the post about the wormhole QOL update, which implied that SISI was in fact back open to the public. Sadly I was mistaken. The market is still down, which generally defeats the purpose of the server, so why is it even online? Just put it back in VIP mode.

    Maybe it has something to do with the DDOS? Who knows. Regardless, I hope CCP finds the answer to the connection problems and DDOS, and maybe in turn with SISI.

    - end of carebear rant

    submitted by /u/Orion_Tyrannos
    [link] [comments]

    eve is down, what do?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:58 PM PST

    Bottom text

    submitted by /u/SeventhAlkali
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously, how do you explain the game to someone else? What's the point of the game?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Starting from this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/ewetcz/what_is_the_point_of_the_game_my_wife_asked_me/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share I thought it could be a good source of explanation for random people or friends who don't know eve at all, but of course the thread was only to joke about it.

    How do you explain eve online to someone who never heard of this game before?

    PS sorry for bad English, my wife isn't an English teacher.

    submitted by /u/tharnadar
    [link] [comments]

    About Station Trading

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:12 AM PST

    So I've been a new player as of the past year and I dove right into Jita station trading. In 3 days of so only updating my prices every 5 minutes, I quadrupled my starting capital, which was around 30m. I'm okay with that and I'm not sure if that's crap or good. Doesn't matter because while I station trade I play other games like Anno 1800 and Factorio etc.

    I don't have to think much at all with station trading and just quickly scan the numbers as I make a few scroll wheel changes.

    I do have a question from what I've seen...

    1. Is there a lot of bot or API abuse with trading? Some of the changes people make don't make sense to me. Instead of making logical 0.01 increments...I see items being changed by 100 ISK and even killing off the margin so bad it's time we all bailed on it before it goes any lower.

    I like the 0.01 change because I feel like it's competitive. We are all trying to nail a sale in a 5 minute window then it's the next guys turn.

    After all, we are catering to people who buy immediately and sell immediately...so what good does it to make such wild changes to the pricing?

    I'm enjoying trading a lot and it's been very convenient as a second task to manage while enjoying other games.

    My goal is simple and that's to acquire a good chunk of wealth and take my astero out on its first voyage.

    Edit: thank you to everyone who's provided insight and your opinions. I learned a lot from all of your inputs.

    submitted by /u/Dora_TheDestroya
    [link] [comments]

    5 Predictions for EVE Online in 2020

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 03:03 PM PST

    Eve Offline: The actual online game

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:03 PM PST

    A long time ago, before many of you terrible people had even heard of Eve Online, server issues were a fact of life, especially during the dreaded once-per-season mega-expansions where a week-long hard outage were pretty much a given. In 2007, a capsuleer by the name of Krxon Blade made Eve Offline, a Flash game (as was still popular in those days) to give us our fix during these times, albeit limited to shooting rats in a belt. Enjoy the period graphics and snarky humor, and of course the thrill of running Adobe Flash in the year 2020: Eve Offline

    submitted by /u/tarsasphage
    [link] [comments]

    Les Deux Mousquetaires - Episode 7

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:54 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment