• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Eve Online Eve Still Dead: Day 5 - Clever Thread Title Here

    Eve Online Eve Still Dead: Day 5 - Clever Thread Title Here


    Eve Still Dead: Day 5 - Clever Thread Title Here

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:36 AM PST

    It seems the problem continues. I'll go ahead and refresh the thread. Please use this instead of making new threads.

    FYI: The game appears to be somewhat working if you connect from certain regions - such as through a VPN. I wouldn't expect the utmost of stability but numerous people are reporting being in game for multiple hours (Though, with no local) by switching the region they connect from.

    Don't use shady / cheap VPN services or you might eat a ban (and have to get unbanned via ccp support)

    We'll keep refreshing this thread periodically.

    CCP Is posting the current status on their twitter:

    https://twitter.com/EVE_status

    If you lost ships and what not from the connectivity CCP has instructed to submit a ticket for reimbursement.

    submitted by /u/Jibrish
    [link] [comments]

    Rats tasting the rainbow

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:40 PM PST

    Found a hangar container in a random wormhole, owned by CCP Falcon

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:50 AM PST

    Some things shouldn't exist... like a Cheetah with eighteen kill marks.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:58 PM PST

    MmmMmmm... Fresh Moon Goo!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:57 PM PST

    The EVE launcher now has a CCP logo splash screen

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:47 AM PST

    Anyone else using ship names to communicate with others in local?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:49 PM PST

    Psuedo blackout is annoying especially considering you can't know who has local working or not. Seems like players in Asia have local based what I've seen.

    But we coordinated a nice 3v3 dessie fight with some locals in a worm hole using our ship names and dscan to communicate, got spanked but, it was good fun!

    submitted by /u/ArsenalOfCards
    [link] [comments]

    Someone lost a Nyx to 4 Lokis and a Sabre

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:47 PM PST

    Coming back, Liked to do Relic sites in Wormholes. Is there a better ship than what I used in the past?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Coming back, Liked to do Relic sites in Wormholes. Is there a better ship to use besides the probe? Kinda lost, Saw the Zephyr. I won't be attacked by sleepers in wormholes? I've been gone for a little over a year. Also, how long have these connectivity issue been going on?

    submitted by /u/jayredbeard
    [link] [comments]

    On this day in EVE history, Jan 31st.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:35 AM PST

    I finished this a few days ago, hopefully some folks will enjoy the reading while they wait for their login to process.

    1-31-2010:

    Golden rule dictates that you don't fly what you can't afford to lose. I assume most of you know it. I joined the game in 2016 and quickly understood it. With the game being almost 7 years old in 2010 I can only assume that everyone knew it then. Well, almost everyone.

    A rorqual died that day. 12:24 GMT. Can only assume this poor bastard didn't know capitals can't gate to high security. He also was full'a salt since he got caught breaking the golden rule. Only had 200 mil left out of the years worth of isk he put together.

    Don't take my word for it, read his words for yourself.

    Yep. That's a pile of salt alright. Too bad our boy Trance didn't take the time to know the game. Probably changed his account passwords for no good reason.

    After this it seems trance took a duel request in Airaken or died to some wardeccers about 5 months after, where he probably uninstalled the game for good.

    "Special little type of motherfucker" Kelron Queldine fairs better after this confrontation. he continued to be a lowsec pvp pilot though apparently missing 2012 completely. he joined Shadow Cartel in 2012, spending about a full year before his final days in the game. it appears in those final days, his last noted activity on zkill fits the words used by Rhiload when describing the talos in a zkill guide: "shafted to ganking ... in High security space." whether he comes back to New Eden is only a question he can answer.

    submitted by /u/Jorgey4
    [link] [comments]

    My Frozen Corpse: Socket Closed

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Drones and Probes should be returned to ship on DC

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:29 PM PST

    I've lost about 30M worth of Probes and Drones to DC's in the last few days.

    Have probes out, DC, log back in "no probes to connect too."

    The Drones are out fighting, DC, and they are killed while trying to log back in.

    I've had tickets in regarding the losses and am not getting responses, I guess their people are busier dealing with the DDOS issues.

    I get that the DC's aren't Eve's fault, but the way the game handles DC's needs to be fixed. Right now, as a Gallente fighter and explorer, the game is unplayable, even when its playable.

    submitted by /u/DeMiko
    [link] [comments]

    Shifting loot tables maybe stealth buff for Drone Lands?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Members of my corp are reporting that the drones they are killing in anomalies are now occasionally (like >1% drop chance) dropping minerals and random t1 module bpcs . This is a change from the usual no loot that rogue drones drop. These are not special rats like diamonds rats or the NPC haulers that typically spawn. These are regular rogue drone battleships that spawn in the regular ratting anomalies. With all the stealth buffs and nerfs happening lately I wonder if this might be one of them. Anyone else in drone lands experiencing similar loot drops?

    submitted by /u/Yossarian01
    [link] [comments]

    Eve Online Blood Raider Power Grid Escalation (Alpha Adventures Full Alpha Mode)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:24 PM PST

    Chat is kill?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:24 AM PST

    Title says it all.

    I'm central American time, so I figure it's related to recent server stability issues. I played some back in 2016 and came back to what seems to be the height of everyone's frustrations regarding the issue. I've been fairly chill with the issue, but now that I've regained some basic knowledge of how to play the game, I was wanting to find a corp for some simple PvE fun. Those that I hung around and chatted with have parted with the game. So I'm in dire need of forging new connections.

    I've come back to a pleasant taste of nostalgia sickly coated in the bitter tar of loneliness. The sights have remained, yet the personality for the game I found is long gone with no hope of return.

    submitted by /u/ScuffledTurnips
    [link] [comments]

    Quest about Astronaut Day pack.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:17 PM PST

    Does anyone know if you have to be using the Steam account to redeem it? I started playing EVE with Steam, but created an account because I wanted to use a friends referral code. I have the steam account and my main account linked under the same email. It also doesn't say "This content can only be accessed with EVE Online accounts created through Steam. Existing EVE Online accounts not created through Steam cannot benefit from it." on the Steam Store page like the rest of the DLC packs.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RefreshName
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie Filaments Question

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:49 AM PST

    So I'm a relatively new player and I was wondering if I could do the filaments with either of these builds. I'd happily accept any recommendations as well.

    Coercer fit

    The Omen fit I've been using for missions

    submitted by /u/Spedwards
    [link] [comments]

    What drives you?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:48 PM PST

    Been trying to work on some new goals in EVE and was curious what drives some of you guys or what your short/long term goals are?

    Much earlier on in my EVE career I had dreams of flying a supercap but unfortunately the value of that diminished for me with supercap proliferation and ease of getting a pilot in one with injectors.

    A relatively recent shift for me is to learn how to fly better. Took me more years than I could admit that there's even simple hotkeys for overheating. This is something I hadn't really had to bother with in the usual blob fights I found myself in.

    submitted by /u/Voodoo_Stew
    [link] [comments]

    help for returning player

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:17 PM PST

    hi all, Im new to the game, about 580 hours in game and would like some direction again. i have around 135m isk and busy with exhumer research from way back when. I think i did some random spawns to get cash back in the day but cant remember what ships i bought. is there anyway to check? I would prefer to just mine in safe areas for now to get used to all the controls again.

    any tips will be appreciated. message me ingame if i can ask you silly questions ^

    ign: Draiko Amilupar

    submitted by /u/cyclingmaniac5
    [link] [comments]

    Killing caps, rorqual, and astrahus.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:13 PM PST

    Hunting for drones

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

    So recently I got bored of spining my ship and doing explo so I went ahead and buillt a gnosis with combat probes to scan down lost drones for profit. Found like 50m worth of drones and it was all in lowsec.

    I live in null but somehow scaning there just didn't pan out, ppl actually pull back drones there...tried doing wh and still nothing...so was it just bad luck or majority of drones are in fact left behind in lowsec?

    I see this as a fun activity which I want to do once or twice a week but not sure if I should stick to lowsec or you have difderent experience.

    Thx

    submitted by /u/CoffeeCupy
    [link] [comments]

    As a newcomer to Eve Online, should I expect this level of down time in the future of my gameplay?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:22 AM PST

    So, I am a brand-spanking-new player in Eve. I started playing because I participated in the Eve Echoes beta and enjoyed it, so I decided to go to the original. I thoroughly enjoyed playing as an Alpha for a week and was about to make my decision on purchasing Omega time. This situation, regardless of it's source, has completely derailed my decision to put money into the game. I would imagine there is more of that going on, I can't be the only one pulled in from the Echoes beta. My Eve game time has been brought to a screeching halt with repeated declarations of the problem being fixed, just to not be able to log in. I'm not going to say the Devs are not doing everything in their power to fix it, but either way, this does not sit well with me and I'm likely to save my gaming money for other games I can rely on actually being fixed when problems occur.

    My question to the long-time members of the community: Has this been an exception to the standard response to these types of problems, or when this happens, does it tend to follow this pattern and is it this severe? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/GoalieHoff
    [link] [comments]

    Latest Announcement (New pack for sale)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:28 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment