• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 25, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 25, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 25, 2020

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Inevitability of the Upcoming War

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    How it feels enter to NullSec for the first time

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    CCPlease drop the lootbox crate nonsense and just make containers from Project discovery instantly open

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    I'm not mildly tantalized or aroused by watching an imaginary hack sequence as I open yet another crate to receive a skin.

    Drop this nonsense and let us just open them like a regular container.

    Please and thank you

    submitted by /u/ZeldenGM
    [link] [comments]

    MOOOOOOOOORE?!?!?!?!!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    [zkill] Site down! And login issues...

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    tl;dr: Squizz breaks things

    Many of you noticed that zKillboard dropped dead shortly after World War Chappy finished up. I was asleep when this happened, and I had apparently misconfigured monit, so the site remained dead for several hours before I noticed shortly after waking up about 1100 UTC (7am my time). The db experienced an OOM* event, crashed, burned, and didn't come back. I rebooted the server and let it go to town on catching up on the killmails. It took approximately an hour for it to load up the 3500 killmail backlog. Nice work folks.

    Why did the OOM happen? Uh.... I had some serious scripts running for the new dev version of zKillboard , that compounded with the sudden influx of everyone wanting to look at a dev's levi loss and a sexy Zirnittra killmail. the server hamsters went on strike.

    And then the second issue, which has been ongoing for probably roughly a week (maybe two?) and I'm embarrassed about it. Anyone coming to the website with absolutely no cookies set for zKillboard could not log in. Which doubly sucked for the Patreon <3 users who wanted to be adfree. It took me a solid total of 4 hours to figure out what happened, the time dispersed between work and playing Get Packed with Ms. Squizz.

    So... as I have mentioned, there is a new version of zkill in the works and currently sitting at zkillboard.dev (offline atm, read on you'll find out why). In the very recent past I did some nginx configuration that would implement heavy caching for the dev site, and somehow, someway, this new configuration stripped the PHPSESSID response header from all requests to zkillboard.com despite being completely different server blocks.

    Crap.

    So, once I finally figured out what was happening, I took the zkillboard.dev config out of the sites-enabled folder, reloaded ngnix, and whala logging in works again. Damnit, not sure how I managed to mess this one up but I'm sure I'll figure that out soon (TM).

    Most of the issues on zkillboard.com is because I'm playing with stuff. In the almost decade I've been running the site, most of the downtime is absolutely 100% my fault. The one exception was in 20152014 when the MySQL database decided it was done and had enough. And of course I was on an airplane when that happened. Anyhow, all I'm trying to say is that when stuff is broken it is 99.9% likely its my fault. It is still a hobby website after all :)

    Fly dangerous!
    Squizz

    • OOM - out of memory
    submitted by /u/Squizz
    [link] [comments]

    TEST Hydra down

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    BOT Hunting General Thread

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    This is a thread dedicated to bot hunting. Please share all information you have about current inner workings of bots and how you deal with them.

    ___HOW BOTS WORK___

    Most prominent bots are Gila/Ishtar farming bots which cost little to start up and can bring in a lot of isk when ratting undisturbed. They use refferal link that gives new account 1 million SP to inject into Gilas.

    Most well known version of how bots work:

    Bot constantly monitors the local chat, some advanced versions could also be plugged into intel channels to avoid being caught. After you enter local the bot instantly initiates warp to the designated structure. Alignment takes around 6-8 seconds which is nowhere near enough for the hunter to d-scan the target AND warp to it, so catching these bots "legitimately" is almost impossible, unless rats in the site warp disrupt the bot.

    After neutral leaves system, a reset timer starts running. Reset timers are customizable, meaning each bot can have its own timer. Timers have been reported to be from as low as 2 minutes to as long as 1 hour. Its been speculated that the lenght of reset timer depends on how active the region is.

    ____________________

    _____TACTICS FOR CATCHING BOTS______

    Bubble camps with log-off traps have been widely used against bots. For this, anchorable bubbles are needed, which can be transported into ships such as cloaky-nullified T3 Cruisers

    Other Hunting methods: TBD

    ________________________________

    Please share your information about hunting bots. What your experience has been with hunting them and your methods for combating the botting menace

    submitted by /u/JustThatLuke
    [link] [comments]

    [Dev Blog] Q1 2020 Economy review

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Happy Birthday Chappy from your friends in Horde!!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    POV: You are a bittervet during Steam Sales

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Strategic genius...

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    how do cluster?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    A guide to picking doctrines for a new corp

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    New Alpha player looking for a good caracal fitting for L2 sec missions.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    I'm currently running security mission in Perimeter with my Kestral. They are mainly against Gurista Pirates. I would appreciate some help getting a good fit going.

    submitted by /u/PotatoPlasma
    [link] [comments]

    I filled my wife's productions slots, now to SPIN THE CHILD! (from an App called Pregnancy+)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    Can I still progress while being away for weeks?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    I'm going to basic training for thw military soon and I just got Eve yesterday. Am I able to put my character on some sort of auto pilot while I'm away? For an idea of where I'm at in the game I've just completed mission two of the tutorial.

    Thank you for your input!

    submitted by /u/-AdamU-
    [link] [comments]

    This is why we ride

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    Back to mining after 2 years!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    I finally came back to Eve after two years despite my brother warning me about the ongoing Wars and to be careful out there well today at 11 15 PM MST I was mining by myself pulling in good haul, had a good stock of isk and tritanium and I forgot how much I love this game and what it all brings and then suddenly I was popped and podded.............Majestic.......I missed this game LOL.

    Thank goodness I kept savings lol

    submitted by /u/rosrix
    [link] [comments]

    The end of CODE and of minerbumping.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Today James 315 made his last and ultimate post in the blog :

    http://www.minerbumping.com/

    the victory won over these past eight years is complete. And, therefore, the mission of MinerBumping is also complete. This is the final MinerBumping post.

    submitted by /u/PurityOfHerpes
    [link] [comments]

    Why were the jackdaw killmarks moved from their correct tramp-stamp location?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    They are on the left side instead of the back middle now.

    submitted by /u/JohnDrees
    [link] [comments]

    Well...

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    I scanned down a Serpentis Phi-Outpost in my blingy passive Algos and decided, why not give it a shot. I finished the first pocket and warped into the second room, and managed to kill about half of the room before I ran out of shields. I was aligned out and everything and I smashed warp, but turns out I'd ran into an asteroid right before and my align was thrown off. Long story short I lost that $100m Algos.

    Came back in a brick-tanked Gnosis to finish off the site. Went to the acceleration gate and what do you know, it was locked! Stupid passkey only lets one person through. So, I lost that Algos, wasn't able to retrieve my stuff that had dropped, AND couldn't even kill the Phi-Operation Protector to try and make up the cost.

    Come on, CCP. If you're going to have the key consumed, at least permanently unlock the gate. Now my blinged-out Algos wreck is to be stuck forever in an inaccessible Phi-Outpost, never to be seen again or indeed recovered - and everyone who scans down that site will wonder WTF happened.

    submitted by /u/Regular_Nerd
    [link] [comments]

    Yo, I'm new how are you guys?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Also, I was wondering if there were any ships that act something like an aircraft carrier in EVE. I was just looking around at some higher level ships and was thinking that it would be cool to have a ship like that. It deploys A.I. little fighter squadrons or drones or something.

    submitted by /u/ScottyMahBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Initiative ADM suppression fleet goes as expected

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/2zm2A4PR9uDFzjcYD

    Init decided to go whaling, and hit a group that were actually semi-competent. A good chunk of rorqs managed to get out before they got tackled, and the athanor gunner did work clearing bubbles too.

    Test formed some muninns and fax, bridged in / dropped triage and tried very hard not to get bombed by Init Kikis. Fight started to go badly for Init as they couldn't break triage, Stainwagon dreads come in, Test drops titans to clear field, Init tries to run.

    Couple of better bomb runs and it might have been a different fight. Legacy + Fire fleets turned up at the end to help clear grid. gfs.

    submitted by /u/ginjar0u
    [link] [comments]

    Booster production - how do I get started?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    I bought the formulae for a few variants of boosters (various types of blue pill), got BPCs from a friend, huffed the gas, and sourced the PI/fuel. What do I need to do from here? Is it just react, then manufacture, then sell? Are there are any guides on getting started in making drugs?

    submitted by /u/Droz_64
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment