• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 12, 2019

    Eve Online The EVE community is unlike any other

    Eve Online The EVE community is unlike any other


    The EVE community is unlike any other

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:43 PM PDT

    Just saw the latest post about another member of the EVE community passing on. I didn't know Jason, but I bawled reading those comments. For a game, and a subreddit, filled with salt it never ceases to amaze me how everyone comes together when it matters. I attended my first John Bellicose (didn't know him either) vigil last year and the sight of all those cynos lighting the way home was indescribable. I am so proud to be part of a game that fosters such bonds between its players.

    submitted by /u/temuchan
    [link] [comments]

    PIRAT ENDGAME

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    All the war holding structures from the high sec alliance PIRAT are reinforced.
    If your corp /alliance is at war with them you are welcome to shoot them :)
    The timers:
    Sakenta - Finaltimer Tuesday, 22 October 2019, 19:06:59 EVE
    Ono - Finaltimer Sunday, 20 October 2019, 17:29:22 EVE
    https://forums.eveonline.com/t/1-rank-merc-mercenary-services-p-i-r-a-t/84535/689

    submitted by /u/Evedying101
    [link] [comments]

    It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that our friend, Jason Richter, has passed.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    Jason Richter, long time member of Southern Comfort and Star Frontiers, Alliance Diplomat, and just a hell of a nice guy, tragically passed in a car collision on September 26. He is survived by his sister, and four year old son. Southern Comfort will be putting on a cyno vigil and roam in his memory on Saturday, October 19, time still TBD. We hope you all join us in remembering him.

    If you have any stories to share about Jason or want send condolences, we invite you to post in this thread so that we can forward on to the family a little of how much he meant to all of us.

    I looked back in my discord chat history for my chats with Jason. It was always him pinging me out of the blue and telling me that he had my back or fully supported me on various issues. You will be missed Jason and thank you from all of us for your time and effort my friend. https://zkillboard.com/character/1139852591/

    submitted by /u/RonUSMC
    [link] [comments]

    Our place in the food chain

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 11:58 AM PDT

    We've had a bad week, lots of ambitious attempts leading to ambitious losses. So we decided to go out and treat ourselves to a nice meal.

    Suddenly the gang catches an appetizing home grown Rorqual with side of lightly braised free range Archon. The main course was organic soft shell Avatar, sprinkled with assorted subcaps. The dessert was a magnificent Apostle flambé, chef's specialty, served with a cold cyno.

    https://br.inyour.space/?s=4032&b=8823930&e=120&t=ub

    Comment from King Creator, OFOC head chef:
    As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if these renters do any ratting that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate their Avatar (I've done before!).

    submitted by /u/Urd_Voiddaughter
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Taking The Plunge...Casually For Now

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    So...I first heard about Eve 8 years ago, which was 7 years after putting away games to be an adult. Life got to the point last year where the idea of gaming again became possible. My 10 year old son sucked me back in with various FPS games which, I've learned repeatedly over that time, I am not good at. Back in the day I played Starcraft/Civ/(Insert 4x or RTS title here), and hadn't played FPS since Doom! It's no wonder I suck at them. Really they're not my cup of tea...as my interests should have let me know ahead of time. Lessons learned.

    Then there was Eve, taunting and tantalizing me. I have managed to keep her at arm's length for nearly a decade because I've seen two marriages destroyed by MMO gaming. I knew that if I went down the Eve rabbit hole, I might not ever come out again. So I've waited. But no more. I discovered today that you can play Eve successfully and enjoyably from a casual distance if that's what you've got time for.

    So, in T-minus 60 minutes, Eve will have a new player!

    submitted by /u/StoneGiant-522
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble running security mission lvl 2 and above

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:01 AM PDT

    So far security mission lvl 1 was a real breeze even with a frigate, but now I am flying a cruiser with a fit that worked even for some lvl 2 mission but for the most part even lvl 2 missions are kinda hard and make me break away and repair my ship and over all not worth my time because by the time I end with one mission I could run multiple distribution mission to gain more loyalty points in less time.

    What am I doing wrong?

    https://i.redd.it/vsa7qynq62s31.png

    submitted by /u/blizardX
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the plex price dropping?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 02:23 PM PDT

    I mean blackout ends, krabs back to farming, isk flood into the eve universe once again. And as the isk supply increase, the plex price goes....... down?

    submitted by /u/susi081
    [link] [comments]

    Enemy FC appreciation thread

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:45 AM PDT

    Probably bound to be the shortest thread of all time. But let me try to point out some of the best enemy FCs that always made me think things are gonna go sour for us (I've been in half a dozen major coalitions over the years). (These are somewhat historical notes, though, from 2 to 10+ years back)

    • kcolor / vee / old hroft: when they were around in bombers you knew that at some point massive chaos and havoc will happen
    • Garmon: when your renters cry for help with a small gang you ask what names are in local: garmon? lussy or one of his alts? some of the wormhole russians?
    • Elo: great at speed forming counter comps to farm kills from much bigger fleets and never lose much in the process / very hard to kill
    • Vily: would always get TAPI dudes play 200% better than other FCs did (sorry!)
    • some of the Russian FCs were pretty spooky: I Sam from solar springs to mind for instance (and I think some who became alliance leaders when they stopped fc:ing)
    • Plus of course a lot of other big names whose ping could rally the best pilots of alliances: You not only have a great FC against your fleet but their best pilots, too...

    It's much harder to recognize and remember enemy FC names than your own, though :-( But please post who you think are the spookiest enemy FCs!

    submitted by /u/_dumbledore_
    [link] [comments]

    Demo of the old Titan AOE Doomsday from PAX 2008

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    Anomalies in FW lowsec

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 11:15 PM PDT

    Tl;dr - why do some fw lowsec systems have anomalies and some don't?

    I have lived in my middle of nowhere backwoods minmatar fw lowsec for some time and i have never seen anomalies spawn alongside fw beacons. I wandered to cal/gal lowsec and i noticed some systems have both fw sites and also regular lowsec anomalies on probe scanner. Has it allways been like this? Is it a bug? A feature?

    submitted by /u/paulwalden
    [link] [comments]

    friendship friday nice thread: one full year of positivity (◕‿◕✿)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    today is my 52nd friendship friday post, so I'll take this opportunity to say "thank you and hope all is well" to u/UpgradeNova who started this whole thing long long ago. stay safe fren (◡‿◡✿)

    you know the rules, it's friday so it's time for this week's friendship friday nice thread. in this thread, we post without any caps at all and we post what we appreciate about eve and the people who play it. (◕‿◕✿) here are the rules:

    • do not use any capital letters. if someone forgets this rule or does not follow it, don't be that guy/gal. we're all about positivity and acceptance here, no matter the grammar (✿◠‿◠)

    • talk about what you appreciate or what is good with eve, or life, or whatever else you're appreciative of this week (◕‿◕✿)

    • players will agree with you in all lowercase

    • talking about what we appreciate will form a positive relational bond in the eve community

    happy friday friends, hope you all have relaxing weekends (◕‿◕✿)

    submitted by /u/Windsigh
    [link] [comments]

    TheraBot - Saving your F5 key! (eve-scout notifications)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 02:53 PM PDT

    Is your F5 key getting worn down from refreshing https://www.eve-scout.com/ while waiting for a good Thera connection? No more!

    Introducing TheraBot: A Discord bot that will notify you when new connections to Thera are found by eve-scouts and reported on the website.

    https://i.redd.it/1fr607wcbzr31.png

    TheraBot works in Discord servers and in private DMs (if you share a server with the bot).

    You can add this bot to your Discord server or alternatively you can see it working on my dev server.

    Use the command !thera notify here to have the bot notify a channel. Use !thera info for more information.

    The source code is publicly available on https://github.com/Ionaru/TheraBot, please report issues and feature requests on GitHub.

    submitted by /u/Ionaru
    [link] [comments]

    Why I always come back to EvE

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm Michael, and I'm Evecoholic.

    My total play time in this game is 4.5 -> 5 years, with long pauses, but I always keep coming back. Some time ago, I even sold my main character and donated all my isk to a friend in order to stop playing, but here I am with a new one.

    It's hard to say for sure what actually keeps me hooked to Eve. I lived in null sec, did both PVE farm and sometimes PVP (which wasn't that much fun tbh, but at least I made some fortune there), I was a part of several alliances starting from Nuli Secunda and ending in Space Monkeys. I've lived in WH space and made good friends there, although we don't keep in touch anymore as we all have moved on, but I still have some very warm memories about my experience there (Praise BOB o/). Nowadays I play mostly solo, living in High Sec, doing exploration and Industry. Ask me if I had a lot of fun from all that experience? I would say yes, although most of my play time was just about grinding isk, but these little moments spending time with people I've become friends with, that was fun. That moment when I've experienced PVP for the first time, and that one time when I made a final blow to a carrier (Thanatos) was something unforgettable. In WH corp, which was and English speaking corp, people loled at my Russian accent and my way of using words, because mist of the time I was forgetting words such as "Festival Launcher", and I called it instead "Christmas Torpedoes", which later became my trademark 🤣, since then whenever we were going to PVP roams, I had at least one festival launcher installed and shooting with fireworks. Another time when I was playing with a Russian corp, there was a situation when one of our corpmates got tackled by some neutral, we were all laughing on how the guy was crying for help in teamspeak, but eventually we got two more carriers and dragged him out. Back to WH corp, there was this situation when we found a hole leading to Goonswarm space, we took only cruisers, frigates and interceptors for this roam, after some scouting we found a supercarrier, we warped in like bunch of hungry savages and started shooting it. But then 3 more supers warped in and started healing that super we were attacking, we were like "ok", then more supers warped in, that was basically a stalemate situation, neither we could deal enough damage to any super, and neither they could destroy any of our ships because we killed all their drones. And guess what, a titan warped in, a freaking TITAN! Against some space buckets. My first time when I actually saw one. We were just laughing 😂, made bunch of screenshots and video records (tho I failed to find one), then we just left back to WH space.

    These kind of small things, which gave me good memories, which keeps me hooked to this game every time. Even now when I just play solo, with little time I have nowadays to spend time in this game, I still love it. And there's no other game in this world which can give me same experience.

    I've tried Elite Dangerous, which was supposed to be Eve's successor at launch, but after Engineers expansion and more, I understood that Elite becomes more of a grinding loot game than it was initially. What about Eve specifically is freedom of choice. No matter if I never actually experience all the activities and mechanics this game can provide, I still have that choice. People can shape New Eden's universe the way they want, create their own stories to tell, build what they want, conquer territories, and more. That's what ultimately gets me hooked. I don't need 400 billion start systems which I can't do anything about them than just explore, or 18 quantillion star systems which I'll never get to visit (although I like No man's sky, especially lately).

    I love Eve, with all it's toxic/normal community, all it's imperfections and good stuff. I love this game.

    Thanks for taking your time for reading this, hope you have a nice day/evening 😉.

    submitted by /u/revan1611
    [link] [comments]

    Kill one too many Jackdaw, got a crappy shakedown in return

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Cloak and Dagger

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    The unruly history that sheaths VINDI is not one that most have come to understand fluidly, but in order to reveal the crooked sword that lies within doesn't require a great deal of unearthing.

    VINDI's leadership is comprised of former members of the corporation Federation of Freedom Fighters (F-OFF), who have maintained a long history with Legacy; a coalition formed by TEST Alliance. F-OFF, formerly a corporation in Evictus Alliance (who still maintains is ties to Legacy Coalition), departed in May of 2019 for the purposes of starting their own alliance currently known as VINDICTIVE. As a direct result, the leadership was and still is deeply intertwined with that of the leadership of Evictus.

    In their initial debut as a newly founded alliance, VINDI fielded strong numbers under the Winter Coalition (WinterCo) banner (founded by Noraus of Fraternity) with the sole aspiration of obtaining sovereignty. In July of 2019, their aspirations as a young alliance came to fruition when WinterCo availed them the opportunity to remove Dragon Empire from Cache. Focusing the majority of their efforts on the newly provided opportunity, VINDI conquered Cache where shortly thereafter, VINDI focused the bulk of their efforts in gaining foothold in their newly acquired space, and were rarely seen amongst WinterCo fleets, and if so, in comparatively low numbers.

    Not so soon after WinterCo's inability to contend most EU/US TZ fleets during the war, VINDI saw an opportunity to bolster their numbers by scalping Fraternity corporations such BCROW and Poor Old Ornery Noobs. The result of this provided VINDI with exponential growth. This is confirmed in part by the post of /u/aezekiel_124 (reddit) which alleges that a mid-war silent coup of the English command structure took place, causing the old guard to become embittered. Slighted, VINDI leadership "recruited" (read: scalped) more ex-WinterCo groups in order to solidify their position.

    The coup of now established leadership was formed around the same time they were offered Cache by WinterCo (July 2019) when Aezekiel, one of the primary members of WinterCo leadership/military at the time, stepped down. With its new membership comprised of the former Evictus corporation F-OFF alongside the scalped Fraternity corporations, VINDI has made it clear that they are uninterested in departing their sovereignty in Cache and have elected to take TEST up on its offer of quasi-independence.

    By electing to leave WinterCo, VINDI will be allowed to maintain their independence in catch as confirmed by Vily. Should WinterCo or any of their known associates retaliate, TEST will intervene and use VINDI as a proxy. VINDI members have been brigading a thread with the purpose of burying these leaks; several of these include VINDI leadership.

    submitted by /u/CutBrakeLines
    [link] [comments]

    Vily admits CSM is only there to abuse power and provide members with advantages.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 11:14 PM PDT

    [vid] F-Ship (Hyperion+ PvP)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    We need the addition of conflict generators

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    Many players are complaining about a dearth of conflict and general boredom. Whether it be nullsec with supposed mega coalitions, or lowsec with little to fight over other than faction warfare, this game needs more conflict generators, places of valuable interest that cause players to want to fight to keep them.

    Several ideas:

    Firstly moon mining. The active component of moon mining was a great change in my eyes. It allows for the democratization of moon ore, it serves as a content generator for miner and pvper, and prevents the old issue of the elite controlling the best without possibility of eviction other than massive firepower. Thus this should in general not be changed, however pre active moon mining, many factions, both in null and lowsec, fought to control the passive wealth generators of good quality moon mining POS's.

    Therefore allow for two modes for the moon drill, first mode is the one we have now and remains unchanged. The second is a passive 'nibbler' of a chunk, however it is grossly inefficient, after all processing vast amount of useless material, without the slow and delicate precision of ship and drone mining lasers, results in over 90% of useful material to be wasted. Furthermore, the chunk itself should be able to be disrupted, the reintroduction of the siphon module would be a great way to punish those who think that they can simply enjoy passive income without penalty. Functions similar to an MTU, the owner can scoop up the moon ore and the regular ore, does not result in suspect penalty, and is freely killable by anyone, since the thief also cannot enjoy passive income without penalty.

    Secondly static lowsec DED sites. Lore wise lowsec is filled with empires trying to expand their territory at the expense of other territories. Black rise is the result of caldari colonization into an area of space one thought inhospitable, and many areas of lowsec are teeming with pirate activity, for its a space close to civilization, without the security nuisances. Therefore, have a few scattered DED sites that respawn daily, are large in number, with a dozen or more gated rooms, similar to the maze, that require unique keys that expire every downtime. If you can lock down the complex and collect all the keys and head to the end, you get great rewards. But there's a catch, hunters can easily find you, as they can simply ignore the key hunting, which requires a mix of PVE fighting, and hacking, simply by bypassing the gates.

    And finally I return to nullsec. I am of the rare few who do not have issue with the concept of a mega coalition, if players manage to become very powerful, they should not be nerfed because of their ingenuity and tenacity. I therefore would propose a structure that will make fighting too irresistible, and defense of it absolutely necessary, that conflicts would result. I would call it the Remote Pirate Destabilization Array, and it would unlock truly powerful and wondrous pve sites, the actual logistics and infrastructure of the pirates, who are eager to let their Haven, sanctum, and forsaken brethren die to keep hidden.

    The sites will be interesting. Firstly the main objective is the destruction of the Pirate Command Center, similar to the FOB concept in highsec, or the nullsec pirate stations that drop pirate titan bpc. This Pirate Command Center does serious damage that scales up based on signature radius, a super would die very quickly without logistic support. It will spawn bombs, reinforcement fleets with the FOB mechanic, and other goodies that are randomized to keep things interesting. The reward is the sites spawn as a Haven or Sanctum does, so alliances provided they have the numbers and equipment to run the sites would want to drop these structures.

    The catch is equally as fun. The Pirates hate anyone who attacks the bases that fuel their clandestine network of crime, so LP rewards will be given to those who show up to fight the attacking fleet. Even if you have terrible standings, provided you do not engage the base or the hostile fleet, the pirates will assume your there to defend and thus will give you lp, scaled based on isk lost like faction warfare. The location of this structure will show up on the map, for ease of finding likely great fights.

    And finally, the system that has this structure deployed has a very unique property. Cynosural field generators are much stronger here, allowing for ships that are at opposite areas of the galaxy to lock on and jump in on the fun. This means that if a mega alliance manages to get several systems and begins to reap the rewards, everyone else can easily lock on and make sure that even the mightiest can be humbled.

    Naturally many will disagree, and perhaps server wise my mechanics would be difficult if not impossible to implement, but fighting over something shiny and nice is the driving point of many conflicts, and this game needs more shiny objects to fight over. Thank you for reading, please criticize, support, and suggest any improvements to these ideas.

    submitted by /u/Sabus_Narian
    [link] [comments]

    Its a TRAP!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 02:49 AM PDT

    Drunken Citadel Ramblings

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    So to be fair I am going to preface this with the fact some napkin math was done and no one was sober when this idea came about. The crazy part was the amount of people who actually thought this was a good idea so here it goes.

    Astrahus, Fortizar, and Keepstars now have new restrictions:

    Keepstar: Limit of two per region

    Fortizar: Limit of one per constellation

    Astrahus: Limit one per system

    Restrictions apply to null only.

    Industrial citadels do not adhere to these restrictions, however aside from the Sotiyo and Tatara no other industrial citadels provide a tether mechanic as this is now reserved for strategic assets. Tethering on 40 different structures in a single system needs to die.

    Combat

    Strategic structures can no longer be attacked unless the IHUB in the system is destroyed. Once an IHUB is destroyed no one may place a new one for 7 days from the time of destruction

    New item tokens which are redeemed from Upwell are used to take control of strategic assets. Basically when a structure gets destroyed the alliance who placed the token during the first reinforcement timer (Must be deposited before the structure hits 75% shields) gets to choose the location of the replacement structure. (How it calculates who gets to place the new structure wasn't exactly flushed out at this point) For example if a Keepstar is destroyed then the attacking alliance may choose any system within the region for the new Keepstar as long as either they control the IHUB or no IHUB is present in the system. If a system with no IHUB is chosen then the Keepstar will be in a vulnerable state upon deployment. The vulnerability timer during the anchoring process is removed. This process does mean there is a considerable investment to attack structures, however upon success you are guaranteed a foothold in the region. This will also reduce total structure spam due to the limit restrictions. Groups that need multiple structures for things like renters may utilize personal industrial citadels, however the strategic assets will most likely be in control of landlords. This will also self police capitol ratting since structures they can dock in are now much more restricted.

    Structure tokens are obtained by turning in the corresponding structure for the same token. This process cannot be reversed.

    If a constellation has no IHUB or a friendly IHUB and no other Fortizar is present any entity may anchor a Fortizar with the normal method in game today. The same goes for other restricted structures.

    This means an initial invasion must hit various IHUBs and will be subcap focused via entosis. Sure, caps can play a role here, but most of the time they don't. This also means more defense for strategic assets because if you enemy wins they now have a anchored Fortizar or whatever they hit in your backyard. Invasion points become vital.

    We didn't really think about this topic much after this before the golden structure maintenance idea happened.

    Structure Maintenance

    A percentage of all transactions which take place within a structure is now added to a ISK pool for that structure. This includes manufacturing, research, market, clones, and more. Ship insurance is excluded due to abuse possibilities. In the event of destruction this ISK pool is paid out to the corporation wallet with the most damage done during the final timer. This makes it lucrative for entities to come hit market hubs, industrial hubs, etc. PVP and get paid for it point blank. Using a data analyzer on a structure will reveal the current ISK pool for said structure. Unanchoring a structure causes no payout so it might be better to blow it up yourself depending on what it is. Keepstar market been around a while and you got invaded? Tough decision suddenly. The longer something lucrative is around the more of a target is becomes.

    There were a few other ideas tossed around, but nothing that really made me want to post about it. Let me know what you think. Would love some feedback which will give us something to talk about on the next drunken roam night! For now good hunting everyone o7

    submitted by /u/LadyOfWrath
    [link] [comments]

    Solo pvp loki

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:45 PM PDT

    Hey there. I'm new to pvp and Loki itself. Want to try to solo roam WHs or lowsecs. How should I find my target? How do I pass gatecamps? How to use covert cloak correctly and how to gank from invisibility? I know these questions may sound stupid, but I'm feeling lost a bit cause it will be my first serious solo pvp experience except for basic FW t1 frigate/cruiser 1x1 duels at plexes using 15-35 mil fits that I can afford to lose a lot.

    Looking for any advices and/or tips and tricks. Any newbie-friendly solo pvp loki fits are very welcome.

    submitted by /u/Neruay
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment