• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - January 02, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - January 02, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - January 02, 2020

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 05:05 AM PST

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How are you feeling about EVE right now?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 12:53 PM PST

    Hello friends,

    2019 has come to a close and I have an important conversation I want to kick off with you guys:

    How are you feeling about EVE right now?

    I'm interested to know how you feel about what's been happening both from what CCP has been doing over the last 12 months and also what's been happening in-game mechanically and politically. I'm also really interested to know what your general mood about the current trajectory of the game is, particularly with what has come along in the last 3 months or so.

    I'm deliberately not going to give any prompts because what doesn't occur to you to mention is as important as what you do mention.

    Are you feeling more optimistic? More pessimistic? What has worked well for you and what hasn't work so well? What has made you think that way? What have been the things that have bummed you out and what are the things that have given you encouragement? What are some of the things that you think we've done well and what things are still a pain in the balls?

    Please feel free to braindump in this thread because I'm interested in what will emerge. To be clear this is a spontaneous, personal appeal for feedback - I go into a lot of meetings at CCP where people look to me to advance the sentiment of the community (since that's literally my job but also because I'm a veteran EVE player) and while I think I have a genuinely decent grasp of what matters to you guys it never hurts to calibrate my baseline.

    I want to also add that you can @ me anytime on Twitter and if you want to DM me on Discord I'm pretty responsive - Bam Stroker#1360 - internet spaceships is pretty much my favourite thing to talk about. I also accept cat GIFs and synthwave/ambient synth music recommendations. And since we're (I'm) talking about it you should totally add this track to your playlist.

    EDIT: This comment will start to make it sound like a typical Reddit AMA (which is sure as hell isn't) but I legit didn't expect as many responses to this as it's gathered, however it's starting to get late here in Reykjavik and I need to hit the sack soon. Please keep posting and I'll keep reading and responding where I can tomorrow when I'm back on deck. Thanks for all the comments, spacefriends. <3

    submitted by /u/CCP-Convict
    [link] [comments]

    Rote Kapelle Claims Sovereignty in Antarctica.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 02:01 PM PST

    First titan kill of the decade

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:23 AM PST

    Rest In Peace, Tenmiles

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:35 AM PST

    With a heavy heart and a tear stained keyboard, I would like to inform the EVE community of the loss of our corpmate and dear friend, Tenmiles, who passed away in his sleep on 31/Dec/2019

    Ten was one of the best pilots I have ever had the pleasure of flying with, and an even more wonderful person. Just one hell of a great guy who was always willing to throw something into a fight, no matter what the outcome would be, and with a voice so soothing it always brightened my day whenever he spoke on comms. A man who touched the lives of everyone in our corp and many outside of it, someone who I could never speak a bad word of.

    Digital Chess Session will be holding a cyno vigil for him on January 3rd at 01:30AM EVE in our home. We invite anyone who knew him, or anyone who would like to help us remember him to light a cyno in remembrance, wherever you can across New Eden.

    If you have any memories of him, please post in this thread, or contact me personally, so we can forward them on to his family to show how much he meant to us.

    Fly safe my friend.

    submitted by /u/Miwanow
    [link] [comments]

    Game feeling Healthy

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I think CCP got their shit together after the Blackout.

    Vegas was a make or break and after watching the stream many were hopefully optimistic.

    Team Talos has been delivering on the promises made and it seems like now even resource depletion err redistribution is being looked at.

    Game has also seen a nice increase in players from the Koreans and eve echoes may bring in moar ppl.

    All in all im pretty happy right now what about the rest of you?!

    submitted by /u/SanshaLord
    [link] [comments]

    TEST battles GOTG pets Initative in ROIR, come out victorious despite fighting against titans!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 12:24 PM PST

    I made another vid! A guide for anyone joining their first null alliance!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:30 PM PST

    Narrated Eve video about combat specialties and fleet positions

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:48 AM PST

    VFK by January. We are coming for you, Sort.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:37 AM PST

    How did Nullsec adapt to the Cyno changes?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:00 PM PST

    Been un-subbed for about a year or 18 months, but have kept up with the patch notes and have still been active in this subreddit.

    How did super/carrier ratters adapt to the new meta?

    Have seen some videos of carriers just getting dropped and dying without any way to get support in? (From the looks of it)

    Do you have to have a recon logged in and in system to rat with the ability to get support now?

    Feel free to elaborate on how this has changed the meta in PVP as well as that's something I enjoy, but if I was to come back, I'd want a way to make isk sustainably/reliably.

    Some feed back would be great,

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/DamageControlTech3
    [link] [comments]

    Increasing Overview Text Size?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 04:32 PM PST

    10 years in this game, and over the last few months I haven't been able to read my overview as clearly, yet everything else is fine (stock settings ofc)

    Tried UI Scaling, etc. None of that helps really. Is there some hidden overview setting I can tweak?

    submitted by /u/Crossblue
    [link] [comments]

    Burn Eden leaves NC,

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:34 PM PST

    Any back story to this?

    submitted by /u/imyormom
    [link] [comments]

    Day 1 in the Impeachment war. Victory goes to the good guys

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:13 AM PST

    The best part of waking up...

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:23 AM PST

    Is Bot-Emails in my cup inbox!

    https://i.imgur.com/Zm1cNjq.png

    Thanks, /u/CCP_Larrikin, this stuff gives me a nice lil' dopamine boost.

    submitted by /u/cactusjack48
    [link] [comments]

    Is this legit? Anyone get anything from here?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 04:09 PM PST

    Returned to EVE after about 2 years. Could someone give me a quick heads-up on changes since then?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 07:40 PM PST

    I did try to check EVE updates on the official site but there's just so much stuff there. The last time I played was when they introduced usual and industry citadels.

    What I noticed so far:

    • Precursor ships on the market, plus I'd seen precursors stalk around a station. What's this about?
    • HypeNet, which looks like an official lottery system. Pretty cool!
    • Some additional modules, like the assault damage control, and special heavy webifier for battleships.
    • Seems that the mechanic for attacking citadels had been changed slightly, something about "if at least one module is active" blah blah, didn't get what that was exactly.
    • Noticed jump gates sold on the market, can players build those now?

    Any other changes? Also, are old POS control towers useful for anything anymore? I still got some.

    Also, what happened to https://eveboard.com/ ? It doesn't show any character statistics anymore and doesn't allow me to search.

    submitted by /u/Deemedrol
    [link] [comments]

    Goonswarm + AOM bombers drop on Horde Rorquals.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:31 AM PST

    It didn't go so well. https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/pPSjFpu5Z477Bi7mP

    Impressive bomber formup though. (I believe the count was around 280 hostiles.)

    Special mentions go to:
    - the Goon bomber that fragged a bunch of his own fleet = https://zkillboard.com/character/96496302/
    - the Vigilant who got too close = https://zkillboard.com/kill/80788503/

    submitted by /u/Cobrayi
    [link] [comments]

    Selling PLEX for ISK?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 11:03 PM PST

    I read that it's possible to sell Plex for ISK but all the posts are years old, is this still possible? Is it a simple process like selling on the market?

    submitted by /u/Meraki-3
    [link] [comments]

    Eve skill book newbro makes WH mistake

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:56 PM PST

    The Eve skill book newbro, GinjaFlame, has made another newbro mistake his first time in a wormhole.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PunchyEntertainingNightingaleTheThing

    submitted by /u/KeenanC14
    [link] [comments]

    Question about a module I can't seem to find!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:34 PM PST

    Hello! I came back after being away for 3 years. I've been looking for a module that used to be around, I would be able to turn it on and it would create a large AoE in highsec that doesn't cause damage. I'm not sure what it buffs but it's as if light bluish radio waves would emanate from the center of the ship outwards. It did not aggro Concord, and could be put on pretty much any BS or ship for that matter. It's none of the current command modules as far as I'm aware either, since those can even be put on. I just want cool looking effects man.

    Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ihadtologintovote
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment