• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 2, 2020

    Eve Online Day 6 Dead like bat: CCP plz, communication

    Eve Online Day 6 Dead like bat: CCP plz, communication


    Day 6 Dead like bat: CCP plz, communication

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:58 AM PST

    While I have seen a few threads on the official forum and minimal mention elsewhere (even the eve status twitter is mostly silent)

    Can we get something on the launcher that helps indicate the problem and where to find updates on said issue? It's been how many days and the less discerning player may not know what's going on.

    submitted by /u/MinerDistraction
    [link] [comments]

    I may have forgotten about these missiles

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:40 PM PST

    Why doesn't ccp just reverse tidi to cancel ddos?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:58 AM PST

    It's science really

    submitted by /u/GOBIV
    [link] [comments]

    Larger DDOS Implications for Groups

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:51 AM PST

    This has been an incredibly frustrating week, and the inability to play the game is hurting not only me as an individual pilot, but my entire alliance Forsaken Empire. up in Vale of the Silent. Our enemies from other TZs - SCUM, Quote, and TP are all able to login and play the game seemingly unhindered. I was barely able to use the market on my alt and move some ships out, much less attempt to pvp. Every attempt is met with multiple disconnects, game actions taking 30 seconds to several minutes to process, and insane rubber banding making for an unplayable experience.

    What is going to be done for the longer-term ramifications of micro null groups like ours that are looking at the loss of objectives, the inability to defend our own space/objectives, and our opponents taking advantage of this situation in order to put down roots that we have no chance to properly contest?

    As I type this we're losing a sov objective solely to the fact that several of our players are unable to properly control their ships to contest the opposition. Quote has taken a few systems and are freely ratting it up while we are unable to do anything. Any attempts we've made to fight have resulted in unplayable one-sided game states for us and a disproportionate amount of losses as a direct result. The ships and material can be replaced, but what about the time-sensitive stuff? Sov, anchoring citadels, ADMs, and more are all something that we can't interact with this as a direct result of the game's state.

    This is a huge issue and we're coming up on a full week of being unable to play the game in anything even remotely approaching a normal state. This is more than gamebreaking for us.

    Something needs to be done, especially for the little guy where it matters.

    submitted by /u/Lords_Servant
    [link] [comments]

    3D model of Venture

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:59 PM PST

    EVE is the greatest game ever - EVEN this week

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:01 PM PST

    In a (probably futile) attempt to correct the negative karma I gained on r/fencing, I want to take a moment and ask you, the reader, to scratch your bearded (or not) chin with me as you consider the history of online games.

    It's not been good, folks. There's been a lot of bumps and controversies and plain, heartbreaking disappointments. There's been companies that lasted less than a year, companies that slowly broke hearts and dreams repeatedly over several years, and homes lovingly built over several years only to be destroyed by some incompetent corporate decision.

    I want to ask you a few questions; see if you can answer them -

    How vast is EVE? More importantly, how vast is EVE compared to other games?

    How fast do other companies address support tickets, and how often do they pop ingame and talk to the players directly? Do they do both daily? Do they have a council of players helping to influence their decisions on behalf of the community?

    How meaningful are the interactions you have with the communities at large in other games? Or even with the developers?

    How long do other games stay entertaining? Is it a year, five years, ten years, or more?

    As you ask yourselves these questions and come to the obvious conclusions that EVE truly stands alone in the gaming community -- that EVE is one of the most vast games ever made both in terms of universe scale and mechanical complexity, that CCP answers support tickets sometimes within minutes and GMs and ISDs log in several times daily if only to talk to new players, the community of EVE is one of the most mature and intellectual around, and it takes literally more than 10 years to become a "bittervet" -- I want you to ask yourself a new question:

    At what point does it become not good enough? At what point does it fall to the level of wanting to rage online and play another game because EVE is just too darn awful?

    Can we not take a week of inconvenience to appreciate more than 16 years of the single most incredible interactive, quasi-fictional universe to have ever been created? CCP and EVE Online check all of my boxes, even this week. Even with the servers running like a 90 year old on his third stroke, EVE Online is still the greatest game ever, ran by the greatest game company ever, by a long shot.

    Love to CCP as they try to fix their baby. ♥

    submitted by /u/Viikoreaux
    [link] [comments]

    Look man how much is there to know in this game

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:40 AM PST

    Every fight is either a cakewalk or i know I'm booty blasted the second I see that web icon because guess what the entire neighborhood is jumping in. Like everything kills me but it's sort of cool since at least I learn what not to do, but god damn there is a lot to not do, and my killboard full of npc deaths reflects this beautifully. just learned you cant solo pirate strongholds since the structure itself webs you, rip my 20m vexor, back to mining.

    submitted by /u/Geologister
    [link] [comments]

    Connection Problem Workaround

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:25 PM PST

    I used a VPN to connect to a European server (UK Southampton) and poof I could connect quickly and play normally.

    Whatever "DDOS Mitigation" methods their using to make the game unplayable for US-Eastern and players doesn't seem to impact the EU region.

    On the downside, streaming TV sites are region blocking me so I have to watch on my phone while I sit in station and do nothing.

    submitted by /u/Foo0022
    [link] [comments]

    Daily ship discussion: Imperial Navy Slicer

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 04:52 PM PST

    amarr faction frigate with bonuses to laser optimal range and damage. features a low-heavy 3-2-5 slot layout and is mostly used for kiting but can also brawl as well

    submitted by /u/_Princess_Lilly_
    [link] [comments]

    How 2 Krab Part 6: Triglavian Ships

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:38 PM PST

    Moist. gets evicted so SOUND can make another C5 krab hole.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 04:47 PM PST

    Tool/Method to find wormholes in the vicinity of a system, or in a specific system

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:45 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    As you may know, when it comes to exploration route planning is one of the most important things for a successful trip. So do any of you know any tools or do you have a particular method of knowing if there are any wormholes along your route, or in a specific system?

    Say I need to know if there is an entry to W space in or around the FQ9W-C system for example, is there anything I can do to know what wormholes are available nearby or in that system?

    If anything is unclear, please say so and I will try to clarify.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/promitheas17j
    [link] [comments]

    I guess I started Eve at a bad time

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:39 AM PST

    But I still fucking love it. Can't wait for chat to be working so I can join a Corp and get some help on figuring out salvage missions. For now I'm just hitting Relic and Data sites, which was fun up until last night, can't seem to find any now.

    How worth it is mining? I've read vastly conflicting opinions on that. I don't mind boring, I just want to be financially secure enough to learn combat.

    submitted by /u/ThunderinSkyFucc
    [link] [comments]

    Still DDOS: Eve Online DDOS Warp Tunnel 02 01

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 03:18 PM PST

    Solo | S1E1 | What Has Changed?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:54 AM PST

    Learned a lesson when I returned (the 1bil blunder)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:53 PM PST

    I recently came back after a loooooong hiatus aka about 4 years. I noticed I had finally finished my large energy weapon training when I last left off and decided it was time to grab a Navy Apoc since I'd always loved the Apoc/NApoc/Paladin ships but didn't have Amarr BS V or AWU V at the time.

    After about 10 level 4 missions I was doing great with a relatively cheap deadspace repper and some faction heatsinks. I had a semi-shiny ship and felt invincible. Scorch and navy multifreq covered all my needs and the drones killed the rest for me.

    Then I got "When worlds collide"... it started off easy enough and I took my first gate. There was a lot of ships coming my way but nothing that felt crazy compared to previous missions. Then I realized the damage was outpacing my repper. I started overheating guns and the repper to buy some time. This was all while my drones tried desperately to kill the scram frigates fast enough to get me out. This was nothing like the previous missions. I had bit off more than I could chew and my ship paid the price.

    Lesson learned! Maybe next time I'll bring more tank or just snipe/MJD for this one. I had a blast either way even if I'm semi-broke now.

    submitted by /u/skudoo
    [link] [comments]

    stabilize energy consumption when using energy turrets

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:10 PM PST

    When I want to use a destroyer with for example 5 energy turrets, my energy consumption isn't stable anymore. Instead of this, it tuns out of energy after 3 minutes.

    What must i do to get a stable energy consumption? Are there any upgrades i can buy for the destroyer to stabilize the energy consumption?

    submitted by /u/Eare1986
    [link] [comments]

    [vid] Wormhole Roll Guide

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:11 AM PST

    Are we gonna get compensated for the DDOS?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:37 AM PST

    Cause its damn bad for a game im paying to play by the day.

    submitted by /u/DarkZephyro
    [link] [comments]

    Yea! I'm getting 5+ days of free Skill Training!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:21 AM PST

    The way I figure it, by the time I'm able to play the game, over 5 days worth of skills will be trained. Thanks CCP!

    https://preview.redd.it/nsxob4d3ybe41.png?width=748&format=png&auto=webp&s=bce9c1a1100de6f8e8330a9cc5beb176fefca72b

    submitted by /u/imasupa
    [link] [comments]

    EvE Lincoln 2 - RIP Dirt 'n' Glitter

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:55 PM PST

    Fellow spacenerds,

    The sequal to EvE Lincoln 1 - Kicked out of spoons and James puked on my stairs

    EvE Lincoln 2 - Hope they don't remember we were kicked out

    25/Apr/2020 - The Square Sail, Brayford Wharf, Lincoln

    For the sake of god do NOT bring your own Pork Pies....

    Discord link for when you need a drunk to hold your hand into the pub https://discord.gg/xanE7v

    please join us is kissing goodbye to last local shitposting bastion of Amarr FW, this is also the last DNG hosted EvE event.

    o7

    submitted by /u/click_exchange
    [link] [comments]

    How to get into combat?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 09:34 AM PST

    Hello friends! I started playing EvE a while ago and decided to try and create a steady stream of isk before doing anything else.

    Now i got my retriever and veldspar refining V. So making a couple of mil/h is not hard at all anymore.

    So today I thought, okay, Let's see If i can learn how the combat works in This game.

    But i dont even know where to start! Where do I find combat? Missions? Good starter ship? (Gallente)

    Thanks for your time!

    Edit: found a newb friendly null sec corp. About to lose my first cruiser. Thanks for your input.

    submitted by /u/pyrodoxe
    [link] [comments]

    Eve Down Under 2020

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 03:22 AM PST

    The very first details of EDU 2020 are out, with more due tomorrow.

    There are also some tickets to give out to streamers or content creators who can adertise the event. With the intention that they give these tickets to their followers (naturally). Dm me for details.

    A very easy cut and paste below for your discords.

    @everyone

    EDU 2020 -

    Who: You and your eve mates. What: EDU 2020 When: 02-04 Oct 2020 Where: Melbourne CBD - Venue confirmed but still negotiating prices, so TBC Why: Celebrate Eve n stuff

    MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW TOMORROW DT

    submitted by /u/SinAlarma
    [link] [comments]

    They want you to unsub.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:33 AM PST

    You will get your game time/SP back. Go to the gym, you will feel better.

    submitted by /u/MisquoteMosquito
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment