• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 4, 2020

    Eve Online Day 8 Eve outcast: My vexors name is wilson

    Eve Online Day 8 Eve outcast: My vexors name is wilson


    Day 8 Eve outcast: My vexors name is wilson

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:39 AM PST

    I just want to play in the sand.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Sort lied, Sacrileges died

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:41 PM PST

    Now six weeks in, and minding my own business bumbling around in wormholes. My exit collapsed while I was scanning, and the first "safe" hole deposited me straight into this view. Beautiful.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

    Learning pixel art and made a venture gif

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:59 PM PST

    USTZ Groups Still Fucked Over - We demand answers as to what is being done for us.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 12:16 PM PST

    Since my last post gained some traction, I figure I'll make another, with some more details.

    The main issue befalling my alliance is the ongoing invasion of the known russian botting alliance Quote of Vale. The main area of contention is here:
    http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Vale_of_the_Silent/DMXN-3#sov

    Due to the insane citadel and sov mechanics currently in place, the most crucial timing for preventing an invasion from a different TZ is in the very beginning. Existing sov and structures are timed to your TZ, and if a hostile can anchor a structure at all, you can contest and kill it before it comes down saving yourself multiple days of constant alarmclocking.

    What has occurred in Vale is a complete circumvention of the mechanics meant to favor the established defender.

    Typically what would happen, is a hostile group (say Unspoken, Rote, No Visual, or one of the many, many groups that have tried to touch that pocket since we controlled it) would create timers, or contest structures that would come out, and we'd all have a glorious brawl then shittalk each other on discord, reddit, or local.

    Kills would be had, content would be made, and the defense, successful or otherwise, would be on the blood and spirit of our small alliance and motivated members.

    What has occurred here instead, is that one side (we are a tiny alliance and extremely USTZ heavy, much like the other groups I mentioned - Unspoken, Rote, who, while oftentimes our enemies, are experiencing the same issues for the same reasons we are) has been able to move into what effectively seems like an abandoned region.

    They anchored structures; we were unable to login and contest. They took sov; we were unable to login and contest. They ratted up the military index in YXIB to 5 in a matter of days in complete safety ( http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/YXIB-I/stats/2020-01-29:2020-02-02 ) , as the current residents of the region were unable to log in to pvp.

    Why am I on here bitching and complaining rather than trying everything I can to fight back? We are. You can see from our killboard ( https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99009025/ ) that we've been trying, despite losing masses of ships to lag, rubberbanding, disconnects, no chat channels, and everything else. Despite all of this, ours and other USTZ based groups (Rote for example: https://zkillboard.com/alliance/927292903/ ) have drastically decreased activity as we're unable to play the game.

    We (FE) were able to get together a small handful of people and reinforced everything of theirs for weekend timers (how you fight out of TZ groups). We were able to get ONE fight where despite being outnumbered almost 3:1 and suffering heavy performance issues we inflicted some serious damage to the enemy (I, and others were entirely unable to login for this).

    https://br.inyour.space/?s=230,234,232&b=8988180&e=150&t=fuvb

    We are trying everything we can within the bounds of the game, but this is not an issue resolvable within the mechanics of the game. This is an issue that we have no control over, and no amount of isk, ingame skill, or mechanics will allow us to do anything if we cannot log in or play the game in a reasonable state. We've tried everything we can ingame.

    CCP - we demand that something be done about this. Freeze SOV for affected groups (FE, Echo, Rote, Unspoken, and many others) and/or all timer based activites (citadels, etc etc) or find some way to undo the damage that is being done while we cannot play the game.

    How is this even remotely ok? The forums and eve reddit would be on fire if the entire imperium couldn't login for a week while panfam invaded their space unopposed. Something has to be done; people need to take responsibility for what is happening.

    submitted by /u/Lords_Servant
    [link] [comments]

    Well... this is upsetting

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:35 AM PST

    Feels like Faction Warfare is dead.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 03:56 PM PST

    I been doing FW for 5 years. Now it feels like its dead. Hardly anyone speak in militia chat, there are very rarely any fleets even on a weekend.

    Even there is a fleet it stands down half the time because noone joins.

    Noone ever wins the zone, it just gets farmed up and down forever by bots. Its merely a huge LP farm for someones alt.

    This is depressing because i actually want to play FW, but i cant because theres noone to play with.

    submitted by /u/HCAndroidson
    [link] [comments]

    ipconfig /flushdns temp chat fix?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:34 AM PST

    o7

    open a command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns"

    This seemed to work for me, I heard someone talk about it on a stream yesterday. thought I'd give it a go and it worked, so thought I'd share

    submitted by /u/onatural
    [link] [comments]

    Tranquility Connectivity Issues - CCP Dopamine

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 03:06 AM PST

    Wormholers(btw) Report Old-New Wormhole Sounds More Reliable at Keeping You Awake After Eighth Hour of Sitting Cloaked on Hole — A Retrospective

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:29 AM PST

    Declaring war on a Corporation that doesn't have structures?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 09:58 AM PST

    Another update on the most average corp in lowsec - African Atomic!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:47 PM PST

    Continuing onwards from the last reddit post, we have been doing a lot of what we do best - welping!

    Weve recently begun trying out phantasms for our casual roams down into horde space, which worked surprisingly well! However, we encountered the same problem as usual, 3-4 griffins managed to completely shut down our logi and thus we had to dip out. BR

    2 days later, whilst killing a hostile citadel on our undock, a group of battleships/battlecruisers from Phoenix Tag aggressed us on the undock. Here it should be mentioned that we were really big losers and undocked a fax, which I genuinely regret. In hindsight we shouldve continued fighting them in harbingers and in welp Megathrons with no fax. Oh well, next time! BR

    On the next day we had another casual roam into horde space with some friends from the neighbourhood(Knights who say REE), but this time we were blown away by the quick form of Horde, which quickly decimated our small humble fleet, with us trying to take as many of them down with us. BR

    Next day again we setup a t1 cruiser brawl with neighbourhood meanie Baltrom, and got absolutely outplayed. Our fleet consisted of a lot of people multiboxing(poorly ;) ), with baltroms group also having 5 augs and ours 4. Excuses aside, we had a lot of faction cruisers and in hindsight, we definitely shouldve utilized the ashimmu webs to catch 0-Cals logi wing. GF 0-cal BR

    4 days later we had quite a special day, starting off with helping out a lowsec group kill of an anchoring astrahus. This BR was nothing to brag about, but then again it always feels cool to be the top dog fleet on grid no matter the hostiles. However, meanwhile this was going on, I looked over at Baltroms stream again(he had been scouting us) and noticed 30 capitals of his, sitting ontop of my titan as you can see here. We quickly teamed up with DHSJ and a nice dreadbrawl ensued, BR. Important to mention that all the honour goes to dhsj as 90% of the capitals on our side were theirs, with us only bringing 6.

    4 days later I spot a group fighting quite outnumbered within our range, and we decide to give them a hand. We didnt manage to help out much as most of the enemy fleets left when they understood we were there to help out FETID. We only killed two guardians, a damnation, and ofc Itsme´s manticore ;) BR. In hindsight, I regret not simply thirdpartying and having us go against all of the groups.

    3 days later we spot 0-Cal hitting the UshraKhan faction fort in Bosboger, and decide that we wanna hit them as they are very low on logi(4 guards), however we quickly decide against that as our sworn enemy is Ushrakhan, and doing so would be a clear violation of that "policy" and would only help out Ushra´Khan. We form up 10 leshaks/bhaalgorns with a single fax and prepare to drop them as they head home, Predator Elite merges fleets with us in 10 carriers. Due to me not having a scout on them and only sitting ready on gate, I bridge us in too late and as such we only catch a single Leshak. We see that Baltrom is swapping into nightmares, which would be very hard for us to fight, and YEET out of there as fast as possible.

    On the next day, we form up with Shadow Cartel for a poco timer against Fetid, with us being in leshaks/bhaals/vindis with 1 fax and 7 dreads, with Shadow Cartel forming up in the same, and ABA bringing geddons. Fetid teams up with Baltrom in Leshaks/guardians, and with fetid bringing fax/dreads. We end up jumping our dreads 1-2 minutes later than Shadow Cartel, with only 1 SC dread remaining. We quickly go for dreads, but Fetid does a much better job than us, and we end up only killing 3 dreads and an apostle. With most of our dreads dead, and our apostles struggling, we decide to strap in and go for subcaps. Despite our last fax dying, we stick around as we still manage to burn down 0-cal Leshaks and bhaals. Here, I ended up in a very lucky spot with my revelation, sitting 80km off the fight and managing to hit enemy battleships perfectly with vindi webs. We end up pulling out as we no longer break enemy targets. Here Horde notices baltroms stream and brings 150 eagles and clears the field, making it look much better for us on the BR haha, where as we most likely only brought down 20b and lost 45b. BR link.

    We are still recruiting and really, we dont have scary high requirements :) Also, we could really use someone who likes to record fights, and I happily pay for this service! Send Faymm a mail in-game if youre interested and EU tz.

    TLDR: Noobs continue on welping

    submitted by /u/Faymm
    [link] [comments]

    What Do I Need to Know to Safely Travel to/from Outer Ring?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:30 PM PST

    TLDR: Desire to fly out to Outer Ring and grab a couple of BPOs, less for their potential profit than for potential adventure. What do I need to know about the region and travelling out that way?

    Over the years I've collected a small but enjoyable group of BPOs which I've perfected. It's become something like collecting cards for me, I suppose. I'll never make my money back on them, but that's not the point. Many of them are handy to have, a few are fun to invent from, and mostly it's just a thing I can monitor and do that keeps me logging in even when I don't feel like doing much else. I've also been in a position to copy them and send those copies over to corp mates from time to time, which makes me feel helpful.

    Outside of a Venture BPO, I've never bothered with ORE ships because the BPOs are comparatively expensive, and also just not worth it. But over the past couple of days I've been speaking with my current corp mates, and I've made the decision to head out that way with 3 billion ISK and go grab 4 of them. If I make it, I get new BPOs to waste my research slots on... but I also get a bit of a story and a sense of adventure. If I don't, well, it wasn't for lack of trying.

    That said, definitely out of my element. I've spent minimal time in nullsec (most of my time has been sent with hubs in .05 systems darting around in lowsec.) So this will be a thing.

    First, is there anything about the Outer Ring region I need to be aware of? I'm assuming that the area is owned or otherwise claimed by some sort of alliance. I kind of get the feeling that such areas would be at least somewhat contested, but who knows.

    Second, which would you argue is more feasible for trying my hardest not to get shot at on my way there - an Interceptor (which could ignore the effects of warp bubbles) or a Covert Ops frigate (which could cloak, but would need to be more cautious of where these probes are?) I imagine going from gate to planets to gate as opposed to from gate to gate could help me avoid most bubbles, but I'm concerned about how things would work as I get closer to the station(s) themselves.

    Anything else I need to be aware of?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/S-Selcouth
    [link] [comments]

    Early attempts at theory crafting, Did everyone do this?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    Just a bit of respite from the connectivity issues, I found this old EFT screencap from late 2010.Did everyone fit like this as a newbie? Mixed tank, mixed weapons. My logic was trying to cover for all eventualities.

    And ahhh, the nostalgia of those old module names.

    https://preview.redd.it/tjkphn42mqe41.jpg?width=799&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7a81e60285e6b1abef68b924f973f9aa215fd11e

    submitted by /u/AdaahhGee
    [link] [comments]

    Classic V0LTA Coms

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Omega ended during the DDOS I haven't been able to even log in this whole time. Any chance they'll reimburse the days?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 02:35 PM PST

    I had 5 or 6 days left before it was due to renew but i haven't been able to connect and I dont have a VPN. I'm not gonna buy more time until it's over but it would be nice to get those days back that I had before this started.

    Has anyone had the same thing happen and talked to CCP about it?

    Edit: as someone mentioned below, I did not have any skills upgrading after the 1st day. The only one I had was my lvl 5 projectile weapon and it finished. I got disconnected at the character screen when I went to add more that day.

    submitted by /u/Scwolves10
    [link] [comments]

    Ty for a more detailed update CCP, but....

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:29 AM PST

    I can't even logon to the web portal to comment on the forums. "This site can't be reached"

    US East Coast

    Self Destructing

    submitted by /u/Hardyhar101
    [link] [comments]

    <10: Story Time with Pappa Yan - Ep. 18

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:37 AM PST

    I'm new to this game. Guess there're a lot of things that I need to be brutally familiar with to get good...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:06 PM PST

    Ratting in a Drake.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:20 PM PST

    I've been doing scannable combat anomalies in a Drake but I'm barely making any profit. What are some good sites to run in high or low sec and how do I make the most profit from them?

    submitted by /u/BremDeFlikker
    [link] [comments]

    How to Transport valuable items

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:54 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I am planning to transport something valuable from Jita to another place, but when I flew the Route to try it out my ship got destroyed. I went to zKillmail and checked the attacker's profile and found out that he only attacks industrials. It was HighSecSpace(0.7). I know that HighSec isn't safe, but I thought that it would be more safe near Jita. Do you have any recommendations on how to transport things correctly through HighSec?

    PS: English isn't my First language and my autocorrect made some mistakes too, Sorry for that.

    submitted by /u/PanemPlayz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment