• Breaking News

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - February 06, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - February 06, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - February 06, 2020

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:05 AM PST

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Mittani, Cringelord Incarnate

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:56 AM PST

    A More Perfect Goonion

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:58 PM PST

    It was a terrible day at the DNC Caucus, but Tom Perez was here long enough to know every day was a terrible day at the DNC. As a Democrat, his self-destructive tendencies and hatred for his own being and life itself had propelled him to the position of DNC Chair. It was a requirement to be self-destructive and hate themselves, and he did so most of all.

    It was a miserable existence, and that was how he liked it. Tom would torpedo every single chance his party had at actually upholding the democratic principles his party espoused and he had spent thirty trillion dollars on Pete Butternutter's Shadow app to try and destroy Bernie Sanders. However, he didn't anticipate Bernie's campaign to actually go to where the caucuses were being run and keep track of how things were going. Tom wasn't used to a Democrat who wanted to win, but were merely content to participate. Because of this lack of foresight, he was to meet with Bernie at noon.

    It was 12:00PM now and Perez felt a sudden chill haunt his office. The light from his window cut through the darkness as a dull knife would cut stone. The shadows were deeper than his fear of success, and from those shadows the shape of Bernie Sanders slipped into view.

    "HELLO," Bernie greeted with a shout. "I AM HERE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THE IOWA CAUCUS."

    "Y-yes," Tom said. "I'm sorry Bernie, but despite the fact you won I'm going to ask for a recanvass of Iowa. There's too much risk involved with you winning the primaries. What if you ran against Trump? What if you won? What if you won and our senate candidates win? We might actually have to do something, and I can't bear to see that."

    "THAT'S A SHAME," Bernie sighed with a sad spittle sprayed into the DNC Chair's face. "I DIDN'T WANT IT TO HAVE TO COME TO THIS. BUT I WILL MAKE THIS PARTY SUCCESSFUL BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. IF NOT BY RELATIVELY MAINSTREAM POLITICAL POSITIONS, THEN BY... MY SECRET WEAPON."

    "Bernie, you're not planning to shoot me right?" Tom whimpered. "You can't! There's a No Guns sign at the entrance!"

    "NO. I HAVE SOMETHING WORSE. ALEX, COME IN."

    Perez heard only white noise and muffled malevolent chuckling as his head slammed into his desk. His framed photograph of himself with the recently suicided Epstein smashed to pieces onto the floor. The Mittani* was upon him. Caliph Gianturco bin Lowtax al-Mittani was wearing nothing but a leopard print banana hammock and knee-high leather stilletos, and the heel was pressed into the back of Tom's head.

    "DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS?"

    "No!!!!!"

    "You should," said the Mittani. "I'm famous in EVE Online. And because I'm famous in EVE Online, I have a vast network of Republicans at my disposal who will work with me to sabotage your efforts in Wisconsin."

    "No! You can't sabotage my efforts in Wisconsin! That's what I'm supposed to do!" despaired Tom Perez. "Are you a Republican?"

    "No."

    "Then why are you working with Republicans?!"

    "Because working with Republicans through my esteemed GOP lobbyist to diminish the public influence and confidence in the Democratic Party in a crucial swing state is the best strategy to guarantee the victory of a Democratic presidential candidate." The Mittani sneered.

    "That doesn't sound like sound political strategy," Tom sniveled and cried as the Mittani started dripping hot candle wax out of his nose and onto the DNC Chair's cheek.

    "That's because you don't play 4-dimensional chess in a video game about space ships."

    "Alright. You win. I won't do anything against Bernie Sanders now. But aren't you a lawyer? Why are you voting for Bernie when he would take away your wealth?"

    "YOU HAVE AN INTENTIONALLY MALICIOUS MISUNDERSTANDING OF MY VIEWS," Bernie says. "I'M LITERALLY CENTER-LEFT IN ANY OTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRY."

    "And furthermore," The Mittani's smirk grew like the snaking vines on the walls of an abandoned castle. "I'm the fucking Mittani. No one can tax me. Not with my friend Matterall paying all of my taxes for me."

    And so Bernie Sanders and the Mittani left Tom Perez defeated (but not in the way he preferred to be defeated), knowing that the primaries were safely secured by the Sanders camp.

    *I can't say what comes after the Mittani because they took away the button for it after I left Goons because it would be cultural appropriation.

    submitted by /u/NazAlGhul
    [link] [comments]

    How about another Conduit, Murray?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:31 PM PST

    A wonderful reintroduction to Eve, losing my 2b+ pod within 30 minutes

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:55 AM PST

    So I come back after a 3 year break. Still feeling cocky because I used to be a pvp, pirate king, expert extravaganzo master race, ultimate solo, ninja salvaging, orca swapping, lowsec haunter, contract voiding, alpha volley industrial killing, etc, whatever. But now I got 2 boys and a wife. So I'm in the game, surveying my assets, thinking of the possibilities, head to Jita to clean up some items for my sales alts to post, then shuttle over to a place in highsec where most of my arsenal is waiting for me, about 8 jumps away. Wife calls out "Suppers ready" I say fuck it, I'm in a shuttle, I got 4 jumps left, click the auto pilot button, get up and load my plate with a nice pile of lasagna, and as I pull out my chair at the table I hear "VRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT" you know that sound when your ship fucking explodes? I havent heard that sound in YEARS. Plate down, run to computer, I'm in station. I look, oh no.. There went my shuttle, and a 2 billion pod.. all because I broke one of the cardinal rules of no autopiloting for a measily 4 jumps.

    The pod

    The shuttle

    Implants have been replaced but the dignity will be gone for weeks.

    submitted by /u/spaceshipguitar
    [link] [comments]

    5 years ago, EVE NT (Nottingham, UK)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:54 PM PST

    on my way to Repair Systems VI

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Did CCP Just accidentally leak their newest game title with a hoodie? - Eve Guardian

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:03 PM PST

    Capsuleers of Hawaii?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:50 PM PST

    Hey guys, I'm interested in finding some pilots who are in my timezone! I'm in Kona on the Big Island, Hawaii. Anybody else fly from paradise? Would love to connect up, maybe find a Corp with some people?

    Kolton Killem - Amarr

    submitted by /u/Terinn13
    [link] [comments]

    Z-S Overview Changed My Drone Color?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:49 PM PST

    Hi, I'm a new/returning player, and I just installed Z-S Overview. Everything works fine, but my drone's tag color was changed from green to grey, and I can't seem to change it back.

    Can someone please let me know how I can adjust this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SamTulster
    [link] [comments]

    Mac record optimization

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:24 AM PST

    I play EVE on a Mac (shame on me) and i want to record some pvp with OBS, but everything is too laggy everytime i try to record, what can i try to modificate in the settings of both EVE and OBS to try to record something acceptable (already put lower graphics on EVE)

    submitted by /u/Tyran_Cometh
    [link] [comments]

    For the memes

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:36 PM PST

    A while back(last year) I created 2 servers to hold 64 emotes. These emotes can be combined to create the El'Miner killmail.

    Example: https://imgur.com/QDDskl8

    https://discord.gg/XfHmZRb - 1st server

    https://discord.gg/XEHAyNq - 2nd server

    Enjoy!

    P.S. Using these emotes in different servers requires Discord Nitro

    P.P.S. If you enjoyed, feel free to donate exotic dancers, corpses and other meme items to Parcival Watts.

    submitted by /u/theelement92bomb
    [link] [comments]

    Day 11. Every day till now client and game worked alright. Today it decided no more.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:17 PM PST

    "GeForce Now" (free Stadia competitor) supports Eve natively. Preloaded on their servers.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:11 AM PST

    Eve Online Blood Raider 2/10 DED Human farm ( Alpha Adventures )

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:23 PM PST

    We’ve made the news!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:58 AM PST

    Dealing with Loss

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:00 AM PST

    So I've been playing on and off for a few years. Usually for a month or two, so I'm very far from experienced. I've found combat sites and Abyss running to be a lot of fun, but it seems like a certain group of players would rather I didn't play at all.

    I've lost a bill worth of ships this week, to tornado gankers and gate campers. I understand that whole "playing is consent to pvp" thing, but I sure wish there were less players in the community that simply sit around for hours multiboxing ten accounts to kill one guy that doesn't really know what he's doing.

    Now I can't really afford to fly the ships I was using to make the money I needed to continue, so I'm wondering what kind of reason I have to keep playing. I love the game, but I'm not sure I can start at square one again.

    I guess my question is, when you suffer a big setback, what is it that keeps you playing despite everything in this game being out to dick you?

    submitted by /u/Time_Television
    [link] [comments]

    what u mean by "simplifying", CCP? Interview with Hilmar and others

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:58 AM PST

    AT1TM vs KATNA

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:14 PM PST

    Do you want the Alliance tournament to return?

    I think the CCP lost a lot by canceling the contest this year. Yes, they did a lot of other things, but can what they did compare to what they lost ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gq8U8BoRAE

    submitted by /u/just_wind
    [link] [comments]

    EvENorth Reveal

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:00 PM PST

    Greetings space nerds, On Feb 7th, 9pm EST, (0200 eve time), we at EVENORTH will be meeting with our friends at Open Comms to reveal for the first time what 2020 will bring from the Great White North. We will be revealing event details ranging from location, party, mini-events, registration, pub crawl (more non-drinker friendly this year), and other little things that will be touched on but without great detail. But the most notable thing that will be revealed, THE DATE. Hope to see you all there.

    Open Comms link: https://www.twitch.tv/imperiumnews

    submitted by /u/HeidiMaeRTF
    [link] [comments]

    Connection update round 2!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:28 AM PST

    New player looking for a home!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:27 PM PST

    Hey guys!

    I'm sure you get this post ten times a day but I've recently gotten an itch for a new MMO and settled on EVE. This afternoon is literally my first crack at the game ever and based on how unforgiving I've been told it is out in space, and that you can't really succeed without a group, I figured I would reach out and see if anyone needs a new team mate haha.

    I guess my only real requests are that it be a 21+ group, I don't really have an interest in kids. I'm from West coast USA. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TangySprinkles
    [link] [comments]

    Should I quit winning EVE after winning for 4 years?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:31 AM PST

    p much what the title says

    I'm contemplating coming back. Is sov-null still such a pain? Do we still sov-wand beacons and shit?

    submitted by /u/thereal5pitf1re
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment