• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 23, 2020

    Eve Online Eve is My Passion

    Eve Online Eve is My Passion


    Eve is My Passion

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    CCP pls please give us meaningful login rewards daily

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Took me 10 days to realize the route indicates which stars you’ll go to. So is every star in the skybox an actual in-game system, and is the skybox different in every system? EVE never fails to amaze me

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Storytime: My first 30 days as an Alpha clone

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, wanted to share and also record my experiences playing Eve online for the first time while it is still fresh in my mind. I've tried the game in the past but it was too slow and complex for me that I quit in under a day. Now, I am mature enough to understand that this game isn't meant to be easy or give me instant gratification.

    What amazes me about the game is that everything I've done so far can be described in story format. It really feels like I'm immersed into a different world while playing Eve and it is nothing like any other mmorpg I've played.

    I will likely separate this series into 3 parts.

    So with that introduction, here is what has happened so far.

    Approximate playtime per day 6 hours while working a full-time job.

    Days 1-3 - 5 million ISK

    Finished up the tutorial and all career agent missions. Started as a Gallente Jinmei. On my sparetime, I educated myself more on career paths and what rewards they had. Had a feeling that I would enjoy exploration so I made a short term goal to dive into that.

    Days 4-5 - 15 million ISK

    Notice in my mail that a lot of people are recruiting newbies. Picked one that I thought looked pretty promising called People of the Saiya. Didn't understand much about corporations yet but their mail offered help to beginners so I used them to ask a lot of the questions I had.

    Took some advice and fitted a Heron with a probe launcher. Had no idea how to launch the probes or even scan down cosmic signatures. Watched a youtube video.

    Ended up discovering my first wormhole. Looked up information on wormholes. Understood that wormholes can have some of the most random and dangerous encounters with both PvE and PvP. Understood that wormholes threw you into a random unknown area of the galaxy that connected to other parts of the galaxy, and if the wormhole closed on you, you would no longer be able to easily get back to the place you were before.

    I entered the wormhole and started my first real adventure. Used common sense to warp away from the wormhole entrance and sat next to a planet to start my scans (I now know I should use safe spots instead). Discovered my first relic site that had 7 cargos. Previously looked up videos on the rule of 6 but other than that, really had no hacking experience. I ended up blowing 2/7 cargos but opened the other 5. Walked away with my first big haul of 10 million ISK! I thought to myself, "Wow what an easy way to make ISK, I am sure to reach Omega now!"

    Yeah...

    Day 6 - 20 million ISK

    Decide to go wormhole exploring again. Did the same strategy I did yesterday. This time, a random person named Karlova private messages me. I get freaked out and warp away. Asked him how he knew me and where he was. He said he was right next to me! We got into a friendly conversation in the wormhole about how hes cloaked and he started to teach me how to use d-scan to always be on alert. I realize he could have easily blown me up. I was lucky to have met him. Before parting ways, he sent me 5 million ISK. I thanked him for his generosity.

    Ended up mindlessly exploring multiple wormholes within wormholes. Each relic/data site was protected by sleepers and I couldn't loot any of the cargo. Didn't understand that wormholes had 6 classes, some that are unable to solo. I wasted a few hours and came out with 0-nothing.

    As I travelled back to my high sec homebase, I discovered a few cosmic signatures along the way. Saw that there was a relic site on a map that had .6 security.

    Made my way to the relic site where there were 5 cargos. Hacked and opened up 2 of them and looted 1 million ISK. Thought to myself, "Ah well at least I walk away with a little something today".

    All of a sudden as I'm looting the 3rd cargo, somebody uncloaks and starts to shrek me. I try to warp away but he has a warp disruptor on me.

    I typed in local chat "Wait, I don't have anything on me". He replies, "kk". And proceeds to end my life. Notice that my pod ejected and I warp away to the nearest place before warping back home.

    Fuck, my first ship gone. Not only did I waste hours making nothing, now I'm negative for the day.

    (I'm not actually wasting hours. I'm having fun with it).

    Day 7 - 15 million ISK

    Got slightly discouraged from exploring so started looking at my other options. I notice on the corporation chat that somebody is inviting everyone into a Fleet. I don't know what that is so I got curious. Turns out this corporation seems to focus on mining. I get the coordinates to their location. Their location is about 10 jumps away. Stayed in an adventurous mindset and said, "It's time to pack my bags and move out".

    Made a questionable investment into an Iteron Mark V, thinking that I could probably haul with it in the future. I take my important ships and materials and told myself I'd finish getting the rest later. Base myself in Renyn which is a few jumps away from their mining hub. I didn't base directly on their location because they told me a Triglavian invasion was currently infesting their system.

    Fitted a venture and headed to the asteroid belts. See a handful of people and their mining drones eating away at the rocks. Started mining myself and although passive, it allowed me to do other things, like study for pilot school. Sat around mining while going on my ipad to read. Noticed that I can make approximately 1-2 million ISK every hour. Although somewhat slow it was very consistent.

    My next short term goal was to afford gas cloud harvesting which costs about 35 million and go back into my explorations.

    Suddenly corporation screams CODE RED. TRIGS.

    huh? Who? What? Trigs?

    A swarm of red dots appear on the screen. Was paying enough attention to warp out of there. This ended up being a theme for the next 3 hours or so. Was impressed that the corporation had a dedicated team called Overwatch that came in to destroy the Triglavians and protect the miners while they do their tasks.

    I learn about buyback programs and what not. Turns out it's my lucky day. Whether it was the concord police blowing up another player or a overwatch blowing a triglavian, I noticed a cargo box floating in space and decided to check it out. 5 light neutron blasters and a 5mn afterburner... netting me 5-10 million ISK! (depending on market price)

    End the day putting all the ores and half the light neutrons into the buyback program. These funds haven't arrived which is why it's not included in my beginning estimate.

    Day 8 - 115 million ISK

    With gas cloud harvesting in mind and being able to study while doing this, I head back to the mines. Same story different day... but... not the same.

    This time it wasn't Triglavians, it was another corporation trying to fuck with us. Teams of them came into our system and camped all stations. I almost blew up before docking.

    Triglavians also extra aggressive today, coming in every 10-20 minutes or so.

    I said screw this let me try my luck in the wormholes again.

    Port back to Renyn and fit an Imicus since my previous exploration Heron blew up.

    I enter the wormhole and went to the relic site first to make sure there were no sleepers there. Noticed that somebody else was already there but they hadn't noticed me. I warped away ASAP. I tried to whisper him like the other generous wormhole guy did. I had no clue how to do it.

    I ended up typing /whisper into local chat. Yeah, I'm stupid.

    /whisper shows up on the local chat which announces I'm in the system.

    I get another invitation to start a chat and I am asked who I am and what I do. Told them I'm a relic site explorer. They invite me to their group chat of 10 people.

    Turns out.... I just discovered a wormhole inhabitant community. They've claimed this wormhole as their own. They call themselves the NRDS community which means "Not Red, Don't Shoot". Which means as long as you aren't hostile, they won't kill you.

    They invite me to go back to the relic site and take the loot. I don't know if they are being nice or if they are setting up a trap. Being cautious, I thanked them and said I already entered another wormhole and will be exploring there.

    The other wormhole didn't have much. After being on their chat and feeling safer, I said alright nevermind, I will take up your offer and go back to the relic site. I head there and started my hacking.

    Yet again, out of nowhere, somebody uncloaks and blows me up in seconds. Clearly, a much more powerful ship than the previous. I type in the wormhole group chat, "fuck... I'm dead."

    As my pod ejects and I warp away, I notice another ship uncloak and begin to engage my enemy. I see an explosion but don't know whos it is.

    A kill report gets posted on the wormhole chat. I read it.

    600 MILLION ISK FOR THE SHIP AND 300 MILLION ISK FOR THE POD?

    I congratulated him on his kill.

    As a reward for being his bait... He gifted me 100 million ISK! Looks like my luck is changing.

    Before ending the day I didn't know whether to head back to Dodixie or to stay in the wormhole.... I have no idea what the implications of living in a wormhole are. They convince me to stay with them.... looks like I'm sleeping in a wormhole for the night.

    Day 9 - 85 million ISK

    I came out sleeping in my new wormhole home which luckily was connected to a new location still fairly close to Dodixie (like 4 jumps away).

    With gas harvesting now purchased and a newly fitted venture with gas cloud harvesters, I was ready to start making some real money.

    I head to the gas sites in a class 1 wormhole connected to the new wormhole community I met and start sucking away. 1 million... 2 million... 3 million.. 4.

    15 million ISK in my cargo and I'm still only halfway filled for my cargo hold and it's been less than an hour. And now, I have a friend/community to potentially have my back if I get ganked. Nothing could possibly go wrong now. Right?

    Well... my internet ends up sharting on itself. I disconnect from Eve. No biggie, ill reconnect and warp away before the sleepers show up.

    Wrong again.

    Turns out I just so happen to disconnect around the time the sleepers showed up. My ship ended up staying in game even though I was disconnected. Upon reentering the game, I was already in a pod and my ship blown to smitherins.

    Warping away disappointed... I seek to get my revenge.... or at least my items >_>. The wormhole guy recommended I use at least a drake or myrmidon to fight the sleepers.

    Yeah.... 60 million for the ship

    Not sure that fits my budget at the moment.

    Read on the forums that a fully fitted Tristan can combat C1 sleepers.

    Head back and engage the 2 sleepers with my Tristan. Damn it, I was lied to (or I fitted it incorrectly... or I suck).

    Warp away at half hp. Alright new plan, I am running in with a burner, looting the cargo, and GTFO'ing.

    I go in and polarize myself through the wormhole. Wormhole friend warns me that the wormhole is at the end of it's life. As I sat at the entrance I had to decide... do I attempt to grab the cargo of 15 million ISK with the risk of being trapped in a random wormhole, potentially placing me in a galaxy that is far away from my home of Dodixie and also the wormhole community?

    Ugh, perhaps the risk this time is too great for me. I cut my losses of an 9 mil fitted venture ship and 15 mil cargo.

    To be continued...

    submitted by /u/Chojangunner
    [link] [comments]

    Truly the greatest login campaign of all time

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    I was very confused.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Yep - people could just try to enjoy the game

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    CCPLS proposal for advanced levels of daily omega rewards

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    My Alpha Alt gift, what the......

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    Imperium loses many ships to kill a content Astrahus.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Ten Years Bombers Bar - One Decade NPSI - Video of our Anniversary fleet

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    What is low sec to you?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Was watching the CSM 14 short video by u/JintaanEVE and he brought up a good point:

    What is low sec for?

    Some at CCP don't even know.

    I got thinking and realized i have a lot of cool ideas for LS, but don't know what is LS's purpose. Is it a place to day trip? To build a fledgling corp/alliance? A place to avoid, farm, a necessary place to pass to/from null/HS?

    I ask (again) for those who ply the skies of New Eden to fill out a survey on your thoughts of Low Sec

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdg5iNzAAtjFccIM7wPLGawlKLh8ecilOKG5PNtbMIth6wl2g/viewform?usp=sf_link

    https://forums.eveonline.com/t/what-is-low-sec-even-for/234837

    #eveonline #tweetfleet #CSM15

    submitted by /u/InsidiousSainthood
    [link] [comments]

    AAR: Goons feed 52B to kill an unfit anchoring astrahus

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    https://zkillboard.com/related/30001963/202004230200/

    Horde formed 150 feroxes and 30 carriers and at 0 on the astrahus 30 minutes prior to its anchoring timer coming out.

    Goons formed a Munnin fleet AND a ferox fleet. INIT formed a munnin fleet as well and they had over 300 subcaps vs horde's 150.

    Goons fed 52B in feroxes and hacs to kill the astrahus with 11 seconds left to repair.

    submitted by /u/0Musky
    [link] [comments]

    When trying to make a living in LS and everyone around has a NS alt or more

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    To Any Non-Nullbloc Candidate Thinking About Running For CSM 15

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    Although this year was better than some previous years, null bloc empire builder background is still overly represented in the CSM feedback. I think CCP would benefit from any increase in the diversity of expertise. To this end, I hope many of you run.

    However, here is what your opponents always have;

    • They have huge blocs of people willing to vote for anyone that represents their alliance identity. These people will not vote to whoever with a vision of EvE that represents them best, or based on better expertise. They'll vote purely based on group identity.
    • They have discords, jabbers, mumbles, any other form of communication mediums to motivate their memberbase for voting.
    • Some of them will even go to war during the CSM week to energize their memberbase.
    • They have talk shows, news websites, reddit trolls and all kinds of media outletst and social media capabilities to conduct propaganda for their candidates, and against the ones they dislike.
    • They have tons of manpower to provide IT and other support for their favored candidates.
    • They have the capability of assigning ballots to groups of people for the optimal use of the STV system, and controlling whether people voted accordingly, and then even punishing these people if they didn't.
    • They have exit polls to follow how many of their people actually voted, to step up efforts if need be.
    • They have more alts per person than you and your friends.
    • They have more ISK than you and your friends to purchase mass SP farmer votes.
    • On top of all this, completely separate blocs already made deals to put each other's candidates on their ballot lists to further consolidate their chances. These ballots have already been solidified.

    If it goes like every other year, their gameplay background will again be overrepresented. Then they will blame you and your friends, who typically have none of the above assets and capabilities, for not voting.

    • Have a distinct EvE vision. And come forward with it. Do AMA's. Compile documents. Make big, elaborate, well-argued posts about Eve problems. Where do you want to see EvE in 10 years? Even if you don't get elected, you'd be amazed how many people at CCP actually reads these.
    • Do interviews. Support streamers. Support tournaments. Send memes to the Eve facebook group. Spam local in trade hubs.
    • Try to do something outside the box. Attract folks who don't even know you. Don't expect your friends and friends of friends to vote for you
    • Try to get folks united. FW folks, WH folks, HS folks, folks from every other underrepresented background. Get each other's candidates somewhere in your ballots. You can always vote for your favorite candidate #1.
    • Whatever you're doing, start working on it now. Your opponents started the process months ago.

    I hope many of you get elected this year. Godspeed.

    submitted by /u/Olmeca_Gold
    [link] [comments]

    Alright, I'm Getting A Grip On This Monster

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    Wow its fun. I cheated and bought some Plex and have lots of ISK. Now its Skills I am getting to understand, and Training is obviously crucial. I have an Omega clone, so its going pretty well.

    Still I earned a Miner Ship, outfitted the puppy, and went and found the Asteroid Belt. Mined a bunch of stuff and turned it into useful things and sold em'. Made my first 1/4 mill from just going out there, with no direction.

    I think I can do this. ;)

    submitted by /u/pencilgun
    [link] [comments]

    f1 bomber boys go brrr

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    A birthday welp with memes.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    TLDR, 4/22 was my bday so I took a drunk roam fleet out and decided to stream it. We had 5 Marauders, and an assortment of other battleships because fuck it, its content. We left from Jita, desto Tama. After Tama it was Poitot ( because its the only named system in Syndicate). Expecting a fight from Pen is Out since they live in Black Rise. We ghosted through Tama through to Nisuwa, where we met a Pen is Out cyno #ohfuck its to early in this to get dropped on. Then this beautiful meme happened https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureLongDunlinWholeWheat. God damn learn to point on the first drop.

    After escaping the first magical cyno from Pen is Out with a beautiful moon walk out. At this point i just realized as well CCP Convict was in my stream and I shit my pants. We then headed to Poitot, no content along the way. Then we decided we want to welp after this roam and wanted to go out dicks swinging. We would go out fighting the blob in lowsec, swinging whatever we could. Ended up getting dropped on by Pen is Out in Tama on the Nourv gate. I want to say it was an op success, probably the most fun fleet ive ever had and was glad to see CCP Convict come in and watch our shenanigans. Final BR on the fight on Nourv gate linked below. I want to thank my friends for tagging along and sharing the laugh and memes of a good fleet. Light in this quarantine/lockdown world!

    https://br.inyour.space/?s=2813&b=9103920&e=90&t=KQLAQQQPQgz

    submitted by /u/Rasta_Enat
    [link] [comments]

    Just about died after looking at my old account

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, i am a current player, been back in the game for about 8 months or so. but i had a different account from about 9 years ago that i had played for a few months before my computer decided it couldnt handle the game anymore and i had to stop playing. Well i logged in today after recovering the account and made quite a few jaw dropping discoveries. Besides having a pitifully few amount of SP's (less then a new starting alpha account, didnt even have anything trained in mining frigate, yet i had level 5 mining barge, probably the only thing i ever trained lol), i discovered i had quite a few interesting assets that im positive i never bought. This included ammo, ships, a 150m isk, a butt load of ore and minerals now worth a ton of money (thank you moon mining changes), a LOT of plex, and (the piece de resistance) a covetor blueprint original, est. at just over 2 BILLION isk! As im sure you can imagine, i had a quick seizure when i discovered this followed by a few hours of celebration. Now my question is, did they give old accounts a bunch of resources when it went free to play or did bpcs get turned into bpos or did the worth of isk and mining barge blueprints just skyrocket or something in the 9 years i was gone? Basically i would really appreciate it if someone could tell me WHAT THE HELL happened these last 9 years that i missed because i most certainly didnt inherit this as the last member of a player corp (was never in one on this old account) and i never remember being wealthy enough to buy a mining barge bpo?! Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain all this to me.

    submitted by /u/altrep36
    [link] [comments]

    Oh boy. 7K accounts per day, 35K average online population

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    When I click my fingers you're all going to be locked into only flying the ship your sitting for the rest of your eve life, 1 ship, on all your characters, all of them even those you don't think people know about.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    What will you jump into..........

    submitted by /u/Taiphoz
    [link] [comments]

    Who are all the small groups fighting the odds.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    Hope this is allowed.I am currently in the process of looking for a new corp after leaving wormholes and a small hiatus.

    But I don't want to join a block. After fighting alongside people in wormholes with such drive to fight against the odds and wondering how we came out alive I want a group like that but in null or lowsec.

    But finding such groups.....well to put it bluntly. It's fucking hard

    I have found some but they tend to be the more known ones like TIKLE and WBVB if you are AU tz like me. There was a story on here about a group that took Ravens against a larger force and won defending a fort not so long ago I wish I could find the thread to put them on my list. (It was United federation of connifers thank's guys)

    But let's hear about those groups. But I don't want this to become a mass recruitment thread let's make it at least interesting.I want to hear the stories, Let's hear the stories of the few against the many, Let's hear of the fights that should not have been won yet where, Let us even hear the stories of the losses the times when you stood your ground against it all just because it was what you felt you needed to do.

    We all know the tales of Ethereal Dawn in the early days. Let's hear some modern stories however few they may be.

    submitted by /u/michaeltward
    [link] [comments]

    Graphical Stuttering after mini crash

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Basically as above, having a random issue with Eve where sometimes the client goes black screen (Both of my monitors go black for around 3-5seconds) and then the client comes back however the FPS is 5-10 and stuttering badly.

    When I press the windows key to run the game in windowed mode (whilst accessing on other monitor) the FPS returns to normal and it only goes slow when i've selected the game. The only way to resume normal FPS is to restart my PC.

    Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm running a Ryzen 3700x with a 1080 so can't see any reason for the massive FPS lag/stuttering

    submitted by /u/Cuzmo
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks CCP! Can you spot the login bonus?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Interesting effects of the resistance nerf on PvE. We're finally getting small gang PvE incentives!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    TLDR: Effects of resistance nerfs on PvE may encourage mid-grade PvE content (L4s, Emerging Conduits) to be done by small gangs of medium-SP pilots on affordable ships instead of being soloed by high-SP, high-skill players on multibillion grindmachines.

    Multibillion grindmachines are made subjectively less effective. Not because they perform worse now - that can be fixed by bling - but because running content now requires more effort and attention, and the extra bling makes juicy gank targets.

    Comfort is regained much simpler by bringing in more people in cheap ships.

    Additional content oriented at a limited number of players with ship size limits may still be required. Active armor tanking in PvE might have been inadvertently nerfed more than shield tanking because armor does not regenerate.

    --- Obligatory longpost warning ---

    It may seem from the devblogs on Surgical Strike that the resist nerf was directed at PvP. That's one half of the equation. The second half is that the resistance nerf also nerfed active tanks (hint: it also discriminated against active armor tanks as shield tanks, especially passive tanks, were affected less), which are used in PvE.

    As an example I can take my experience with Emerging Conduits. Prior to their nerf (when they stopped insta-respawning on completion and had stronger waves), I soloed them in a Legion fitted for 810 EHP/s repair with 80% resistances across the board, with cap stability at 23% excess recharge rate. Moreover, the minmaxed fit allowed me to run them very comfortably - I used to run Conduits half-alt-tabbed-out, only tabbing in to switch targets, knowing my tank was cap-stable and impenetrable. A 1600m plate only increased the level of comfort, because I set my armor warning at 50% and I knew that should the alarm ring, I have plenty of time to align out.

    If I was really lazy, I just loaded FoF missiles and went semi-AFK.

    What does this mean? While the reward system of the Conduits explicitly favours bringing along extra people (the payout is per pilot and only gets decreased if more than 3 pilots took part in the fight), I soloed them, sending in an alt on an Astero to kill the last frigate of the 3rd wave for a doubled reward. I am not a bittervet with tens of billions - my main is 25m SP and the Legion I used costs 'only' 550m total, with all items being T2 with a single C-type thermal membrane (6.7m ISK). I was not gank-worthy because my droppable fit was, like, 30m ISK?

    However, even 550m + 40 days of training at best is a very steep price and SP tag for newbeans flying Myrmidons or Drakes or Prophecies.

    What happened now? I had to make several fitting compromises such as swapping out cap batteries for cap rechargers (Trigs neut, and the capwar resistance bonus was very handy!), heavy missile launchers with precision missiles for RLMLs, and even with that, my rep rate dropped to 623 EHP/s, my tank is no longer cap-stable (technically it is, but at a 7% proficit, meaning any neut tips the scales), and I have to pay more attention to target priority. Formerly, target priority was only a question of how fast do I complete the Conduit. Now, there is a small but definitely existent risk - I have to warp out at least once or fit an Ancillary repper and micro-manage it closely or my cap is down.

    Did this make my content impossible for me? No, it didn't.

    How the changes affected me?

    They made my content less comfortable. And not in the way "oh, CCP broke my enjoyment!". No. They made me actually pay attention to what's happening.

    And what is most important, I know I cannot return to the previous level of comfort by throwing extra bling on.

    Suppose I try to. I buy 2 Corpum A-type armor repairers, which will cost more than my current fit (2x283m ISK) instead of my Tech IIs. What now? I'm not capstable, not even remotely at -4.7% deficit before Trig neuts.

    Ok, this is not an option.

    Let's try blinging resists instead. Try blinging it sky-high with 2 A-Type EANMs. The ship now costs 2.3 billion and at 771 EHP/s is still behind the pre-nerf 500m Legion by 40 EHP/s while costing 4.6 times more. We can pust rep rate to 852 EHP/s with a third EANM (this time Tech II to keep the cost at the same 2.3b), but only at the expense of dropping the 1600mm plate which not only means that I now have no margin of error and cannot alt-tab. And I'm now a juicy target for a gank - assuming Trigs on grid the gankers only need, like, 3 Catalysts? Even without Trigs they need 5 or 6.

    What does this mean now?

    Fixing the fit by extra bling is not comfortable.

    Dual-boxing is not comfortable because you really need to micromanage both boxes (and maybe even overheat) and it's not something you'd like to do through a 10-run spree.

    Now I really want to bring another person on grid in my new 500m Legion with both of us having 1x medium remote repairer II and 1x medium ancillary repairer with 1 local repair module. Assuming 2x repair augmentor rigs instead of nano pumps, this yields even better total repair (716 EHP/s vs 623 EHP/s). We are now absolutely cap-stable - the Trigs' primary only runs 1 local repair and the non-primary is not neuted.

    But this is not the best part still.

    If we add 1 more person to the grid, reaching the intended fleet size of three, we can forego Legions and just use 90m-ISK Prophecies! With 3 Prophecies on grid, we have more DPS (breaking 900!), greater cap stability (each ship now carries 1x local repairer and 1x ancillary remote repairer for the 3rd wave), 703 EHP/s total repair, and 9 modules of EWAR to boot. Instead of capacitor rechargers on the 2 Legions.

    3x HML Prophecies are way cheaper than 2 Legions and especially 1 blinged up Legion (270m total assets on grid vs 1.1b vs 2.3b), way easier to skill into (heavy missiles are part of many doctrines and Amarr Battlecruiser III/IV is a very short train), and not only more comfortable to fly, but also much funnier.

    In short: the best answer to the changed circumstances wasn't increasing bling to continue soloing. The best answer was adding more low-SP people which not only dropped the SP requirements to baseline BLAP, but also made the total assets on grid cheaper than even the initial 500m pre-nerf Legion!

    Good job, CCP. Of course the decision you made is not without rough edges but it's definitely a move for the better. Well done.

    UPD for clarity: As mentioned in the TLDR, for this to really work, for this benefit to be really leveraged, we need more newbean-friendly content with the Emerging Conduit-alike payout structure, where adding more people to the grid is not detrimental to your personal payout till a certain limit. To avoid payout leeching with alts, the content should be hard enough to be uncomfortable when done via multiboxing.

    submitted by /u/Cheetah97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment