• Breaking News

    Friday, May 29, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - May 28, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - May 28, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - May 28, 2020

    Posted: 28 May 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Priorities Matter

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Raravoss now a 0.3 system

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    How Xenuria literally buys his way into a CSM seat...

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    R1O turbo feed

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    He's right behind me isn't he?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Raravoss in First Liminality, converted into Losec \/

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the F1-pushing center!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    The Virgin Tama vs the Chad Raravoss

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    PSA: Firing on people in highsec changed to lowsec will give you killrights.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    For whatever reason, despite Raravoss technically being at 0.3 sec status, shooting anyone who isn't suspect (or criminal) will give them a killright against you. I'm not sure if this is an oversight or intended, but be careful as yellow safety will still allow this to happen.

    submitted by /u/Speedstang
    [link] [comments]

    Warning: Windows 10 May 2020 update may cause performance issues multiboxing

    Posted: 28 May 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Beware with updating to the latest version of Windows 10 released for May 2020, also known as version 2004 or 2020H1.

    After a week or two of troubleshooting, I've isolated a performance issue with multiboxing which causes stuttering or input lag. The issue only went away when I installed the previous version of Win 10 (1909). The issue then immediately came back right after I updated back to version 2004.

    This Windows update adds a new version of the Windows Display Driver Model (https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-20h1) which is aimed to solve a longstanding issue where Windows can have stuttering issues if you have multiple monitors at different refresh rates (eg. a 120hz primary monitor and a 60hz secondary monitor).

    But somehow this causes painful input lag/stuttering when I do something intensive, like multiboxing 4-6 accounts in space which are all running in borderless fullscreen mode and not minimized.

    It's very possible that this is isolated to certain NVIDIA cards (I'm using an RTX 2070 Super) and certain playstyles (heavy multiboxing).

    I just want to maybe save someone the hassle of weeks of troubleshooting. This update will roll out slowly over many many months so it could be a long time, but if you encounter these types of performance issues: consider reverting back to Windows 1909. Within a certain time after updating, you can revert to the previous version from right inside the Windows 10 Recovery settings.

    submitted by /u/Moozhe
    [link] [comments]

    Lowsec Confirmed

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Welcome to the fleet command center!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    The profession of a true spaceship enthusiast

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    CSM Leak/Passive Moon Mining

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    So with INIT taking Solitude moons and Goons taking athanors in Black Rise/Placid, when are the passive moon mining announcements coming? It now makes sense why PANFAM is so nervous about V0LTA in Hakonen, it is going to slow down their CSM leaks to start taking lowsec moons.

    submitted by /u/Hustlan_Jones
    [link] [comments]

    Torvald Uruz CSM15 - AMA!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    o7 r/Eve!

    I'm Torvald Uruz and I'm running for CSM15! We're in the campaigning period now, and voting starts June 1st. Reddit is a scary place, but I figured I'd throw this up here to see if I can answer questions and convince you to vote for me. Here's my campaign video!

    A quick about me:

    • Started playing Eve in September of 2009
    • Spent many years in all areas except for Wormhole space (sorry dudes)
    • Favors lowsec/FW space for content
    • Recently Abyssal PvE/PvP has been my go-to content
    • Created the Abyssal Lurkers in game channel/Discord to help people learn Abyssal content

    CSM Focus:

    • Solo/small gang content across all of Eve
    • Focusing on looking at Eve as a game rather than a job
    • Looking at ways to make PvE in all areas of Eve more fun and engaging (mining, ratting, etc.)
    • Tournament style gameplay - working with CCP/community to create tools for tournaments
    • Accept all styles of gameplay and not screwing over one type to favor another

    I want to avoid a wall of text, so there's my bullet points with a forum thread linked above!

    *Edit - I forgot to include the link to my campaign video! FAIL

    submitted by /u/TorvaldUruz
    [link] [comments]

    Did a JoJo-inspired portrait of Zorya Triglav for Zorya's Bizarre Adventure part 3 (Gouache)

    Posted: 28 May 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I want to do pve in game. What is the most interesting pve content is there? Are there ay lore in missions, or somewhere?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    I don't up to make isks or grind. I just want to know lore, maybe learn something new. Any good corp doing something this way?

    submitted by /u/LurkingHunger
    [link] [comments]

    Queens of Lowsec vs angry bee's

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/yTo8zZg2tag3RFZ7N

    Got carried away with this shitpost

    TL;DR Goons jumped, Snuff jumped, many dreads dead gfgf

    Video: https://youtu.be/sNfyQAZ1mWw

    Thursday evening, I am sitting at my PC, listening to music and playing a good game when a ping ruins my good mood.

    "goonies coming to play" Oh no not again, I think.

    For those of you that don't know the Goonswarm Federation and their pets/valued allies/blues/coalition members/cancer decided to cleanse lowsec of Snuffed Out's structures. An honorable cause no doubt, everyone knows they killed lowsec after the Mittani gave his favourite tech support Indian free Titans.

    So where is the problem? Well let me tell you, ever since rorquals became a thing I have been a passionate miner but I am also afraid of nullsec. The only solution was to join Snuffed Out, where I could rorq mine in lowsec.

    Now the goons took that away from me, me and my fellow Snuff members. When Goons announed their lowsec campaign we got excited, they are gonna bash our forts and bring us content? Yes please.

    But no, they keep reinforcing our astras, raitarus and beloved athanors. I couldn't believe it, how could players keep joining these braindead bashing ops? I underestimated the enemy, we can't rorq mine and morale is at an all time low.

    Countless pings to farm goon jackdaws and sacrilege fleets burning straight towards our machs, all of us knew we couldn't do this any longer. With heavy heart Tau AD told us that there were no jackdaws to fight today, a HAC fleet and caps on standby arrived to evict us.

    We jumped into our Machariels and set up in pyne on the raka gate, forcing goons to mid their capitals. Subcaps jumped into us and fed to hold tackle until their carriers could cyno in. We decided to go out with a last big feed, what use is there for our dreadnoughts if they can't protect the miners anyway.

    Goon carriers came in, our dreads started materializing but where were the goon dreads? In a smart move their FC's decided to make sure INIT. was forming to even the odds, before committing dreads. 55 guys multiboxing can only do so much and after deleting the goon naglfars we lost a bunch of subs disengaging before the rest of the imperium arrived.

    After we got out we noticed goons barely won the ISK war so suicidal Vertiso Ambraelle sacrificed 4 dreads to take a shot at 2 stray rorquals looting the field https://zkillboard.com/kill/84545835/ https://zkillboard.com/kill/84545841/ ISK positive!

    submitted by /u/Yonis_Pserad
    [link] [comments]

    friendship friday nice thread (◕‿◕✿)

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    hello space friends

    you know the rules, it's friday (or within 4 hours of friday for the us west coast) so it's time for this week's friendship friday nice thread. in this thread, we post without any caps at all and we post what we appreciate about eve and the people who play it. (◕‿◕✿) here are the rules:

    • do not use any capital letters. if someone forgets this rule or does not follow it, don't be that guy/gal. we're all about positivity and acceptance here, no matter the grammar (✿◠‿◠)

    • talk about what you appreciate or what is good with eve, or life, or whatever else you're appreciative of this week (◕‿◕✿)

    • players will agree with you in all lowercase

    • talking about what we appreciate will form a positive relational bond in the eve community

    happy friday friends, hope you all have relaxing weekends (◕‿◕✿)

    submitted by /u/PlanetaryGenocide
    [link] [comments]

    First Liminality Achieved in Raravoss

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Wormhole Living Question

    Posted: 28 May 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    Will a small corp(less than 10) in a low class wormhole with a ratairu get evicted just for fun?

    submitted by /u/DerKonig20
    [link] [comments]

    A question from a not so new player

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:02 AM PDT

    This is a followup to something I posted here a while back.

    I've stuck with the game and played for several months now and even forked out for omega time for one month, but it's too expensive for where I live to buy it all the time. Although some responses and private messages I got then were very rude, some really nice people have contacted me and taught me a few things, but it doesn't feel like it helped me one bit.

    It took me a while, but I went from a frigate, to destroyer and just now to a cruiser which people recommended to me because it's supposedly very strong. Sadly the moment I stepped out to fly in it and test it out on some drones I got jumped by someone in a frigate that prevented me from warping, was doing circles around me at 4000 m/s and shooting me for 1000+ damage every couple seconds while I did barely any damage to them (30-50 per shot). In the end I just stopped the ship when he got through my shields and armor so he can kill me faster because I got a full on panic attack watching myself slowly die and I just wanted it to be over. That set me back almost 250 million. Did people troll me with recommendations or something? I honestly wouldn't know because I trusted their word on this since I don't have 15 years of experience in EVE.

    I'm dead broke again and as it stands right now I'm fucking sick and tired of trying to farm ISK to replace things. It took me over a month of training skills and weeks of daily play to save up for this damn thing and it's gone in a blink of an eye. I can see corp members earn billions (How the hell?) and throw ships away left and right in PvP while I'm struggling to get more than a couple million per session.

    Speaking of that, corp culture is weird. They told me I need to be on teamspeak at all times and it apparently shows everyone where I live and some players were shitty to me because of that on top of calling me useless because I don't know a lot of things. Apparently I'm supposed to know everything and fly a titan by the end of my first week.

    I've tried every tutorial out there to no avail because most of them are from 2013 or even earlier, which makes them irrelevant to the current version of the game since ship stats, layouts, slots and even item names are all different now and nobody makes any new ones for old ships because everyone has moved on to the recently released toys apparently?

    Naturally, inb4 people saying "don't fly what you can't afford to lose", but I can afford to maybe lose a frigate, which can't really do anything in my hands, can't farm ISK fast enough for me to replace it because it gets destroyed by players in 5 seconds flat, which means I can't afford to fly it either, which leaves me with a corvette, which dies if something looks at it wrong and won't even scratch NPC ships because its weapons are trash.

    I'm about to give up for good. I enjoy the game's core gameplay loop, I like all the different kinds of ships and messing around with simulated ones to try out different fittings, and most of the time it's a very zen experience, but overall it is an exercise in frustration. Although having a tangible long term goal and feeling a sense of progression felt pretty good for a while I caught myself contemplating putting a bullet through my dome again earlier today after getting dunked on by some random cunt from the other side of the planet that I will probably never see again because he kills a hundred players per day and losing all this time and effort.

    So my question is, once again, is this all there is to this game? Just... random people flying around and kicking sand castles of other players over? When does it "click"?

    submitted by /u/pm_me_rocky_balboa
    [link] [comments]

    TRI loses a fort in their home region, under their umbrella, uncontested. Cracks forming?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    I spotted the eve player there

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    What’s the deal with the triglavian stuff going down in high sec?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    Basically what the title says

    submitted by /u/cormack7718
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment