• Breaking News

    Friday, May 1, 2020

    Eve Online went exploring for the first time

    Eve Online went exploring for the first time


    went exploring for the first time

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    They DO have clear vision!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    How you know a newbro will last.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Logged in for my new type of game play for eve. 45min whril around lowsec, starting at the location i last left off. I was in a hull tanked fast lock, arty gnosis I left off in last time from gate camping and drinking with some bros. Figure slap a few things on a gate or plex entrence. Just to get my kicks in. ( I know I know not "honorable").

    As I undock from the station, so does the only other guy in system in a coecer.. figure hey start the day off right. Flast lock, disrupt, drop drones( didnt need to.. but meh) fire. Two shots later dead destroyer. Now i am taking station guns, and since i dont have a station ping I warp off to a belt , and then take a look at the kill.. and feel kinda bad.. duel tanked t1.. rainbow ammo. Crap the toon is 19 days old.

    So i warp back to the station figuring i would do my normal for a obvious newbro.. send him 2 or 3 times the cost of the ship to keep him encouraged to fly.

    As i land i see he is already out with another ship. This did surprise me as newer ( and even older pilots) tend to have like at 10min lick their wounds setting. Right as i land he quickly docks..

    As I am watching him doc it hits me. I am famous among my eve mates for one thing. Leaving drones behind, so much so that when in null or wh space i would import 1000 of each type.. and would normally need another batch long before I moved. Now since this ship is a gate slapper, I like to make sure i have a little extra dps and don't tend to worry about leaving them as much as i would ratting. Mining or in a dog flight.

    So what I saw while landing wasn't a scared newbro checking to make sure I was gone. It was a newbro hitting the lottery picking up 5 slightly used augmented warrior drones.

    I did the only thing I could think of... throw the guy a extra 50m, and headed back to my home system to pick up some new drones.

    Something tells me that one is going to last.

    submitted by /u/harconan
    [link] [comments]

    This is my Drekavac, named: Lazerchikun!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    CCP, I think its time to do some space cleaning

    Posted: 01 May 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    I just think that mass anchoring depos by the same pilot in the same grid is just unnecessary and makes the game look ugly.

    The picture shows jita undock but all the other gates to/from jita are full with depos.

    If you want to scam, you got jita for that :)

    If you want to recruit you got forums, ingame recruitment channel and reddit in some cases.

    Maybe its just me but some limitations on the depos in highsec would be fine :)

    https://preview.redd.it/ech5fswjx3w41.jpg?width=910&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=810fbbb6293fb0df17e6bd41f6a2abe065026814

    submitted by /u/Trustus79
    [link] [comments]

    Speed is life - those missiles never reached

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    "Kill em with Kindness" A Journeyman Eve Player's PoV Regarding Daily Lootboxes

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    CCP,

    Thank you for everything you've done for this game. I spend hours a day, most days, researching things Eve related and just love learning about the game. Lore, player history, everything. It's massive and a source for crazy content everywhere I go.

    Your new player experience was pretty good this time around, substantially improved from earlier versions I've tried and I can easily see that employees are focused on improving it. Your updates to UI related things, specifically the ordering of the ammo by range and damage types, did a fantastic job of providing the much-needed clarity a dunce cap wearing ape like myself needs sometimes.

    I previously came from games that didn't have much in the way of involvement from the production company and I feel grateful for the amount of effort you guys put into this title. I had a representative reach out to me in game while I started, tickets have been answered in a timely manner, and overall, puzzle pieces of the Eve experience are coming together nicely for me.

    One thing that's been bothering me (aside from the persistent red dots on my UI with everything I do) is the daily rewards. The main motivation and obsession for players here is SP first, items somewhere after that.

    If my motivation is SP, I see a huge bar that's very slowly crawling with no idea of when the end date is. If I were going off my 'feelsies', I'd guess it's 30 days worth of logins, but I don't really know because it shoots up RNG style. The end result is a feeling like I'm chasing a carrot on a stick. I would much prefer a hard goal, something I can tell myself so that I can make it a point to make sure I'm butt-in-seat consistently to get what I desire on a specific day. I feel like I'm being lead on to a degree and it kinda sucks if I'm being completely honest. Nonetheless, thank you sincerely for the opportunity to cash in on some SP that I wouldn't have otherwise had.

    We come to the daily lootbox rewards (I can't really think of a transition sentence, but yeah) Free lootboxes!!! Everyone loves free stuff right?!?! Actually no. People like free usable stuff. I'll just use Warframe for example. You get a choice of an item or a temporary credits/exp boost or something that you can use while your playing. These directly benefit you during your involvement in the game. I'm going to continue being honest here - the rewards suck for everyone.

    • You get skins that you can't keep that only last for a week and are usually for something you can't or don't fly.

    • You get single unresearched blueprint copies that aren't profitable to make, or of something that is the most basic version of something that's immediately replaced by the next thing pulled out of an NPC wreck.

    or

    • You get a booster that doesn't really do anything remarkable. The most usable one I got was a 3% falloff booster. ...weeew...

    How do these daily rewards benefit anyone really? if I save enough of them up, can I turn them into something? Can I use them to advance in any way that's meaningful in the short or long term? Before someone leans back casually in their chair, pushes up their glasses, and says "Well actually-" No. No we can't use them in any meaningful way. If you had counters on discarded rewards you'd know instantly this isn't going well. To get our SP goal, because that's objectively the only reward here, we have to endure an endless slog of things that we have to manually discard whenever it triggers us enough to actually log all the way in. I'm not trying to be negative just because I can, I'm just mildly annoyed enough at this point to pipe up and say something.

    There is a way forward. If not during this one, maybe during the next iteration of this, consider adding things like low-grade 24hr non tradeable attribute boosters to appeal to our SP chasing fantasy. How about a low-grade and non tradeable standings booster that helps people trying to grind standings, or an item that when consumed sends us on a tiny journey to get a non tradeable 'spirit-tier' skin of our choosing? These are practical and infinitely more awarding that what's currently being put out there and the player benefits from stuff like this.

    I sincerely appreciate the emotional and physical energy you guys put into this game. You guys consistently put in effort where you can and it's because of all the effort I see from you guys that I care so much to say something. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Siphtur
    [link] [comments]

    I am celebrating 10 years of EVE, I have also real life birthday - 1 quarter of century. I got something to share.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Evergreen Daily Login Rewards Really Cheapens The Game

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    This is not a post to discuss whether the rewards from the permanent daily login campaign are good or not. It is also not posted without knowing that there is a check box that can be ticked to avoid having the login campaign pop up. These things are not relevant to this post.

    It is a post to say out loud how much cheaper the daily login rewards make Eve Online look and feel.

    The daily login campaign is nothing but a blatant admission from CCP that they don't think their own game is captivating and engaging enough in itself to make players want to log in.

    New players are met with this crap when they log in. I am 100% sure that many shy away from the game when they are greeted with cheap looking addiction-speculating crap like this. Who wants to get involved with a game that thinks so low of itself and its players?

    If I was going to show the game to a friend that might be interested in playing, I would tell them to look away when starting the game - not to hide my account details, but to hide this mobile game looking crap.

    The evergreen daily login campaign is cheapening the game and is really a step down. I cannot imagine that on a balance it keeps more people playing than what it scares away!

    https://preview.redd.it/04w9n2dsiyv41.png?width=1067&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff7222908d150b4ed8484c40ebc93d71a004ba07

    submitted by /u/JayRiverton
    [link] [comments]

    After all... Why not? Why shouldn't I?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Announcing 5v5 Eve League!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I am excited to announce the start of the 5v5 EvE League beginning on May, 9th!

    This league will consist of teams of 7, allowing for 2 subs!

    We will have 14 teams (currently 10 signed up), signups can be found here: https://forms.gle/XzN8FEd3x4f3pEUK6

    The teams will be split into two groups where over the course of a month and a half, the teams will face each other team in their group in a BO2 Match. Each match will be scheduled at a convenient time for both teams during the week and recorded for streaming at 18:00 on Saturdays/Sundays. This will culminate to a final double elimination tournament where the top 4 teams from each group will be placed into the upper bracket and the 5th and 6th place teams from each group will be placed into the lower bracket. The last place team from each group will unfortunately not continue on to the tournament.

    We are looking to follow in AT's footsteps of having "commercials". If you are interested in submitting one please shoot me a message in Discord (colleo#7034) or on Reddit. Note that there is a 1B payment for this and your commercial will be played the entirety of the league and tournament and any open matches during it. This payment will go directly to the prize pool for this league.

    The format of the matches will follow our previous tournament, found here.

    Games are held in 3 Stages:

    1. A Ban/Pick stage of ship types modeled after Competitive League/DOTA with a point value system reminiscent of AT.
    2. A 15 min theory-crafting stage where teams will fit their ships.
    3. Teams will then warp into an arena between the ranges of 0-50km. The arena consists of a 125km sphere and going farther from the center beacon will be considered a boundary violation, and your ship will be considered destroyed.

    For a full list of rules, point values, the pick/ban format, and a list of past matches look here.

    For others interested we are running 5v5 Open Matches using this rule-set every weekday starting at 18:00 EvE Time where teams are drafted on the spot and everyone is guaranteed the chance to play! This weekend we will be hosting a King of the Hill Match starting once again at 18:00 EvE where you can come with your 5 stack and keep playing vs other 5 stacks till you lose!

    All games whether they are the open Matches or our League games will be streamed here.

    If you would like to get more information about this league or the format, come check out our discord or check out our awesome hype trailer!

    Thanks!

    -Amelia Duskspace

    submitted by /u/Colleo3354
    [link] [comments]

    Found out who TSK left TEST for. Good for them.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    HAW Moros and Friends

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Solo | Hyperion vs SLYCE

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    Just survived my first Proving Ground... By mistake!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    I had been getting my daily skill points, and saw I was in a site with a proving ground exit. It was late and I've not tried this before, so I figured I'd just go back home and count my loot.

    I realized after jumping that I wasn't back in normal space... I'd not paid attention and jumped through the wrong gate!

    It was very much a "Fire Everything!" moment, with drones being launched and missiles away. I got the kill, but my ship decided to run off past the barrier and almost self destruct.

    Finally survived, and got out with far more loot!

    submitted by /u/IanInCanada
    [link] [comments]

    Train into Omen or Mining Barge?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    I haven't been playing the game long. Been flying a Coercer and enjoying the lasers.

    I've got the Magic 14 all to 3 or 4 and I've been training the Mastery skills to fly and Omen. Recently fitted a Venture and have been making a lot more money than L1 Security missions.

    Wondering how L2 Security missions compare to mining isk wise and if I should train up to a mining barge and worry about the Omen later. I enjoy both activities so I'm wanting to know what would benefit me more in the long run.

    submitted by /u/Gr8Bearded1
    [link] [comments]

    @CCP can we get Nvidia Highlight integration pls ?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    For those who have not seen this in other games it creates short clips automatically when specific stuff happens, like in an FPS game every time you get a kill Nvidia will automatically create a short clip showing the kill, at the end of your gaming session if you want to save any of these clips to your gallery to keep you can otherwise the're removed.

    With regard to EvE the obvious thing to clip would be kills and deaths, but I think there is probably a few other things you could auto create clips for like if your in a fight and get into warp with bellow 5% structure then clip it as a near death moments like those deff get the blood pumping so would be good to save.

    You could do other stuff as well like Hacking where the can contains exceptional loot, or jumping a gate only to find 500 hostiles on the other side waiting for you, actually the deaths one would probably cover that so how about that happens but you manage to escape before they can point you, I'm sure there are lots of neat little clipable things that could be added.

    If this was something that was happening automatically I think more people would be encouraged to share and upload to youtube since that's all built in, and if more people are uploading to youtube EvE clips then the game will reach more people.

    submitted by /u/Taiphoz
    [link] [comments]

    Chikuns brawl in Kinakka - HAW dread perspective

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    I'm honestly nervous about activating today's gift because I think it will overwrite my permanent skin

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    [EVE] Half-Assed 5v5 Fight

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    I had a dream 10 years ago that you could turn faction / officers off overview

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    This has been one of my more persistent eve nightmares.

    submitted by /u/Jimfromfinance69
    [link] [comments]

    Abyss and PI

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    Today i needed to check my planets for some reason when i was farming abyss. When i tried to open my setup instead of the planet, i saw black sky with red stars. I wonder if this feature has some lore reasons, cause even in wormholes we can check our planets, but not in the abyss...

    submitted by /u/Falconloverlvl387
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment