• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 18, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 18, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 18, 2020

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I Made a Nano-Gang Visual Guide.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Bottom text

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Reminder - CCP allowed players to kill player structures on SiSi for weeks to see which of them had the best loot.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    Nobody seems to talk much about this. No matter your stance on revoking asset safety, this is fucked.

    submitted by /u/Emotional_Floor_2288
    [link] [comments]

    CCP, the company that wants to own half of your life and then burn it

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    https://zkillboard.com/kill/84769829/

    Hallo people,

    I was told to share my story somewhere, so I figured reddit might be a good place. This is the story, how I spent most of my private life with eve online and how CCP randomly nullified everything in one week. Enjoy:

    My ingame-name is Destriouth Hollow and I have been playing eve since 2012 (8 years). During my time at university I had a lot of spare time and spent a lot of it on Eve-Online. I was leading a german Corp with around 100 real people online at teamspeak and I have always been interested in economics, hence me studying bussiness mathematics.

    Over the last 8 years I spent most of my time in eve grinding for assets and plex, to accumulate eve-wealth and I always felt proud of my achievements, even if I knew, it is just a game and that it consumes too much of my life.

    I don't know the exact number of hours I spent on eve, but the hours are in the 5 digits, which is rather high, considering 8 years only have around 7080 hours. Ratting and mining always felt like a mind-numbing grind, but as anyone, who works for a living knows, people are willing to put in work to achieve wealth ... and with the realistic economy in eve it really does feel like accumulating wealth.

    Over the last 8 years, in addition to the countless hours I also put several thousand € into the game to pay for my subscriptions and plex to buy ingame assets.

    Why did I put so much time and money into a game, doing something so unfun as ratting and mining? Because I liked the sense of accomplishment in accumulating wealth and assets. Also I planned to play eve for years to come and even hoped the game would stay around, until I am to old for work and can use my time for eve again. I wanted to keep playing eve for a long time, using the assets and characters I have accumulated. It felt like a hobby, that needs preparations.

    Since I started eve, 8 years ago, there were always a couple themes, that eve never strayed away from. CCP always repeated these at fanfests and in blogs, and they felt like the core of eve:

    - Eve is a game of risk and reward. When you undock with something, you can lose it. If you use something, you risk it.

    - Playing Eve is a long-time project. The typical player takes breaks and more often than not, comes back at some point. When players come back, the stuff inside stations is still there and you can continue where you left of, minus some moving or asset safety costs.

    - Eve assets have monetary value. Almost everything in eve can be bought for isk, isk can be bought for plex and plex can be bought for real money. Every plex ingame has been bought for real money and can be traded for ingame assets. This is the reason big splashy fights are always reported with their money-values.

    - CCP wants players to use the new upwell structures instead of NPC-Stations. Since they want us to put out eggs in basket, that can blow up, there is asset safety. So noone can take your assets away from you, if you are willing to pay a small fee.

    The isk I grinded for and payed for in these 8 years, I used to buy BPO's to collect, use and maybe resell. I put almost everything I owned in eve in those BPOs and ended up with every capital, module, meta-module, fighter, ammo BPO that exists, with maximal research (10/20). Obviously also some Titan and Super BPOs. I kept this stuff in a Highsec-Azbel with an NPC-Station in the same system. This way it's all together and I can always transfer it for 1% asset safety to the NPC-Station. It was around 600b isk worth of BPOs and everything would fit into a single interceptor. I could have kept this in Jita or any NPC-Station instead, but I chose my own structure for role-playing reasons, after all it's just as safe, minus the asset-safety. These Blueprints were the most expensive and time-consuming thing, I ever had.

    It always felt like I wasted a big part of my life on this, but I felt it had value and I was proud of it. For the last 1,5 years, because of real life and work, I didn't have much time to play eve anymore. I still logged in at least once a month to put on research jobs for my blueprints and I kept paying for my 7 accounts so that I can continue to do so.

    Around the 20.05.2020 I logged in again and redid my research-jobs. On the 07.06.2020, around 2 weeks later, I read an article, talking about "abandoned deathsstars" beeing destroyed and tournament-ships dropping. I figured this was about POSes and I logged in, to check how much fuel my azbel has left. I had fueled it like a year ago with billions of isk worth of fuel and I didn't want my BPO-research to run out, as that would waste my subscription-money.

    I logged in

    This is when I noticed the new notifications:

    https://imgur.com/a/axpCyoC

    Apparently someone attacked my structure? It is gone? My assets are at risk? Where is the second and third timer? Where are my BPOs?

    I did some research and found out what happened:

    Apparently the fuel I put in a year ago has run out 7 days ago. Apparently CCP introduced a new patch in the last 2 weeks, where "abandoned" structures now don't have asset safety anymore. Apparently "abandoned" structures also only need one timer to destroy it now, with only a couple minutes of time required to do so. Apparently the structure I used 2 weeks ago, that ran out of fuel 1 week ago was considered "abandoned" and destroyed one day ago, on the 05.06.2020. Apparently everything I worked and payed for in the last 8 years of eve online was indeed not safe, as constantly preached by CCP and destroyed 1 day ago, with one week ingame warning.

    The around 6000€+ (600b) ingame value (money to plex to assets) I had accumulated, the most expensive thing I ever had, was apparently gone in 40 minutes. and 175b dropped.

    If I had known about this change, I could have transported everything to the NPC-Station in 5min or refueled the structure for annother 5 years in 30 minutes. It had to run out in that 2 weeks, where CCP decided to take a dump on their former statements. Everything I accumulated in 8 years gone, because I did not play eve in that important one week.

    Thank you CCP, for your awesome design-decisions.

    regards

    Destriouth Hollow

    https://zkillboard.com/kill/84769829/

    submitted by /u/Knight925
    [link] [comments]

    [Blackout 2.1 rev. C] Short analysts[sic] of CCP behavior.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    this is a fucking cry for help

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    3b destroyed fighting over a novice plex in Faction Warfare

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    Around 2 hour engagement over a novice plex... Good bit of fun in Caldari vs. Gallente faction warfare. Many t1 frigate bit the dust

    https://zkillboard.com/br/116739/

    submitted by /u/Nayoke
    [link] [comments]

    Project discovery "lazy marking" doesnt actually matter

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    o7 Seeing pics by eg @Dave-stark feels like project discovery is broken. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/163975909580341249/722429757223862282/unknown.png?width=811&height=467

    I asked the researcher behind the project (Ryan Brinkman) about this very issue and it seems to not be a problem. This is his reply:

    "This was confusing to CCP folks too at the start, and they coded up a gold test gate based on that that doesn't actually reflect the important information we are trying to capture.

    The key here is empty space doesn't matter in the scoring. What matters its what cells are captured within the boundaries of the gate. The science we are doing is seeing how many cells are inside and how much they chance between different patients. So a big date around the right 50 cells is exactly as current as a tight gate close around them as long as the big gate isn't contaminated by cells that should be associated with a different gate."

    submitted by /u/aceyfaceyy
    [link] [comments]

    An EvE Story.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I once stole, yet again, the last can of a 4/10 DED with my trusty highsec Hawk, by 1-2 server ticks of some other dude.

    The can had shitty loot, not the module that was worth 300M back then.

    I quickly warped as i was in pve fit, docked to wait the timer, started messaging him for salt by pretending i just stole the famed 300M shield module , linking another one that was in assets. As you do.

    Convinced him i was feeling bad about it, so i offered him the item back, in exchange for half its price, 150M. He could still make a profit you see.

    After a suspect timer of whining and a lot of salt, he agreed to set up a contract, and pay me for what he cried was his in the first place.

    I then proceeded by convincing him that my main activity is trading (i never trade), and that i'm going out to explore only when my contracts are full, to kill time. I'm very wealthy you see (i'm not) i'm only doing this for fun. I can't trade by contracts right now, the list is full! (0 contracts)

    After 10min of jedi mind tricks, the fuckery was so intense he agreed to my very VERY shady suggestion of doing the trade like we do an hostage exchange.

    You see where this is going. I was salivating.

    I would jettison a can containing the module, he would transfer me 150M, i would then fly away so he could loot as soon as the transfer was confirmed. If he moved before transfer, i would scoop up the can and reset the whole thing.

    We warped at 100km of random celestial, and faced off 50Km from each other. Space tumbleweeds flew quietly around us.

    So caught up in the adrenaline spikes of closely losing a priced module, then contemplating the chance to have it back, he was already trusting the notion that inside that can, that can he could now SEE, was his precioussssss.

    He feebly argued that 50Km was too much, that i would scoop it up anyway after i got the money, but his mind was already made (by me), and his decision was already taken.

    He sent me 150M. I dropped the can.

    Containing one T2 missile.

    The salt I received was of the highest quality.

    Looking back on it, I was a noob, and I clearly should have said that a mere celestial at 100Km wasn't safe at all, and that we should fleet up and warp to a safe....i guess i was innocent back then.

    My fondest Eve memory.

    submitted by /u/Harkot
    [link] [comments]

    This killmail made my day

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    How to fuel your crippling plex addiction

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Vily kicked from SPVG for losing his first freighter ...

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Before the spais and trolls here find out, I kicked Vily. We here at Spartan Vanguard care more about our killboards than we do about pilots and rockstars in a space game. Literally, one of our pilots linked me this a couple days ago ... https://zkillboard.com/kill/82744117/ .. and I was livid. Granted, it was two months ago, but I'm just finding out. So fuck it, he's gone back to his old corp and he can take his 43 alts with him. Yes, we're gonna fall apart now and that slope is gonna be baaaad, but I have to stick to my guns on this one. We're kinda a meme corp, too, but this is not at all funny. No one is exempt from being a non-shitter, including CSMs and high command. We stand by our decision ...

    submitted by /u/Valkorsia_SPVG
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my stuff out from an edencom system

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    I was off the game for a couple of days now and when I logged in I saw that EDENCOM took the system and now there are sentry guns around the station where all my stuff is in. Do the sentries go away anytime? If not how do i get my stuff out of there.

    submitted by /u/yutytuty
    [link] [comments]

    How 2 Krab for Alpha Clones

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    What's up with EVE Marketer?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Bummed to see www.evemarketer.com seems to be down. Anyone know what's happening?

    submitted by /u/deniably-plausible
    [link] [comments]

    The module that makes Edencom ships useful

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Taking The Dragoon For A Stroll

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Amarr Victor!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    I really Hope they fix these soon

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    What happened to the price of Navy Faction Battleships?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    So I just got back into Eve a few days ago, and while looking at the prices of battleships, first I noticed the price of the Machariel fell a lot, which is fair enough, but then I saw pretty much all navy faction battleships are now more expensive than it, at least in Metropolis.
    Can anyone tell me what happened?

    submitted by /u/blacksun957
    [link] [comments]

    2020 | Notoras News | June 18th

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Tensions rising... Day 2

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Forces of the United Caldari Space Command are working tirelessly to recapture the system of Nennamaila from the grasp of the Gallente. Many pirates have joined the fray as well.

    24/hr report of heavy fighting between the Caldari State and the Gallente Federation.

    B.Report. day 2. Think you have what it takes to fight against the Gallente menace? Message me or a recruiter in game. We only have one rule.

    submitted by /u/Kelli_Otsolen
    [link] [comments]

    Truck driver in space

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm a new player to Eve and I think I may have found the game I have been looking for. Basically I want to be a cargo pilot and simply do my bit by shifting freight around the galaxy. Can anyone help me with my ambition to do this? I know it sounds boring as hell but I do genuinely love doing this sort of stuff (I play air hauler in flight sim for example). Can anyone recommend where to join or take me under their wing? Does anyone have an opening in a corporation and need freight moving around?

    Also if I'm barking up the wrong tree and this ambition of mine is not really achievable in Eve then I'm happy to hear similar recommendations...mining, exploration also seem interesting to me.

    Thanks in advance for being helpful to a newbie/noob :D

    submitted by /u/cptsensible12
    [link] [comments]

    EVE RGB integration

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    Hi all, I am wondering if its possible to setup my RGB keyboard to flash yellow or red depending if somebody is targeting or aggressing me.

    Does anyone know if this is possible?

    submitted by /u/KingVipes
    [link] [comments]

    Null solo PvP guides or streamers?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I'm trying to transition from being somewhat ok-ish at solo PvP in novice plexes into null solo PvP. But man, it seems a lot more daunting to learn... so many more ship types flying around, bubbles, ships to use tend to cost a bunch more than the 15m isk frigates I'm used to, etc.

    What streamers should I be watching for tips? Are there any guides out there? I can fly any frigates or destroyers, don't feel like I need my hand held but would like some starting info to help me get off on the right foot in this much-different sort of solo PvP.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/madfiddlerresistance
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment