• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 20, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - August 20, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - August 20, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - August 20, 2020

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm still trying to find my way out of this bloody wormhole

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    [zkill] anti - Adblock experiment over

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    Many of you should realize that I don't keep unpopular changes on zkillboard for long. I wanted to test the waters on how an anti-adblock would do. Just shy of the planned 48 hours, I have reverted the code. Oh boy did we get some amazing interactions.

    I do this as a hobby, it is a labor of love and I take great pleasure in writing code in my free time. I do have to be an asshole though and I must have thick skin. Especially because of things like this:

    https://i.imgur.com/oiMhDxE.png

    This is pretty minor compared to what I have gotten over the years. Thank you for being such an awesome community, except for those very few of you, and you know who you are.

    <3 Squizz

    submitted by /u/Squizz
    [link] [comments]

    One of these things is not like the other

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    Your daily dose of shitty propaganda memes

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    Tube map of High-sec Trade Routes

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Vily's Super Secret Six Phase Plan Leaked to Fountain Frank

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Galactic Hour News Roundup: Fall of Niarja Shocks Amarr Empire and Caldari State - EVE Community

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    EVE is alive!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Currently we're hosting around 175 manually created corp adverts on https://eve-corps.com/ and counting.

    This game is not dying!

    submitted by /u/sofarsoghood
    [link] [comments]

    I miss EVE

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    It's 3am and I can't sleep. Having passed 30 years of age some years ago one begins to reflect on life more often, and I guess this is one of those times.

    Growing up I had a difficult time socializing IRL due to a variety of reasons ranging from location, the general mindset of people in my country, the amount of money I was born into (read: lack of) etc. While I was far from a starving child in Africa from my teenage bubble it was the worst fucking life imaginable.

    Then one day came the internet and everything changed. I started playing multiplayer games, and before I knew it I had all the socializing an awkward teen could want.

    But then I found EVE and everything changed again. "Playing" felt more like living, and RL felt more like this completely dreadful secondary existence whose purpose was only to keep my body alive so my mind could be engaged elsewhere. It was impossible to explain this to someone who didn't experience it themselves so I never even tried.

    EVE taught me a lot of things. To learn, to trust, to distrust, to be there when it mattered, to talk to people, to stand by family, to use an alarm clock, to follow orders, to give orders, to organize, to be lazy, to not be lazy, to work in a team, to appreciate others, and so much more. It made me curious about tech and the things I wanted to contribute forced me to learn what would ultimately be my career and business, and effectively the foundation of my entire life.

    I've been trying to figure out why EVE left such a huge impression on my life, and what exactly made it so special. It's difficult to sum up something like this into a single crucial point, but if I had to choose one I would say: EVE gave me a sense of belonging. I felt like I was part of something larger than me, yet every person made a difference. Every person was missed if they didn't log on. Every person was appreciated if they did. No one cared about where you were from. What color your skin was. How much money you had. How you looked. What your sexual orientation was.

    It was far from a perfect game, in fact it regularly pissed me off beyond belief. And as in real life there was a ton of drama, betrayal, success etc. Yet among all the crap was a magical combination of 1s and 0s whose end result was an incredible ability to connect random people all around the world and call them friends, even family. We all worked towards something, each of us for our own reasons, but all of us together. We felt joy, anger, sadness, happiness, every emotion imaginable. Together.

    Looking back at this time (I was most active 2004-2010, and sporadically for a few years after) I feel like this is the only time I truly felt free. If I try to remember events from my life in these years, the things that come to mind are almost exclusively in game events.

    I feel very sad that kids growing up these days will likely never get to experience something as special as EVE was during this magical time. These days everything is full of instant gratification and gaming in general has turned into microtransactions and profits coming above everything else. Kids have so much negativity and (dis)information to deal with from a very young age I feel like it's so much more difficult to grow up into a good person now. But maybe that's just what every generation thinks of what comes after.

    I hope you'll excuse the ramblings of a bitter "old" vet. If anyone else was as touched by EVE as I was, I'd love to hear from you. Perhaps one day I'll see you all again, in space.

    Shoutout to BDCI, CONIN, ETNY, FRICK & SERA aka MC - my family. Much love.

    TLDR: I miss EVE so goddamn much. o7

    submitted by /u/BitterVet2000
    [link] [comments]

    People posting maps got me nostalgic and I found a copy of the old Northern Coalition's jump bridge map from Febuary 2011. Thought people might be interested to see what things looked like back in the day.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    It seems Brave leadership are a little confused about what they want

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    CCPls - Upwell Structure Skins

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    It's time. We've been patient. We've suffered through the boring default skins for years. We've looked at that same, cold, sterile station interior for long enough.

    Come on, CCP. Just get it over with. You know you want to.

    It's time.

    submitted by /u/R4d1o4ct1v3_
    [link] [comments]

    [CCPlease] Those little things ... search in assets.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    CCP please consider disabling auto search in the asset window "as we type" and limit the search "trigger" only to the moments we click search button.

    On characters with loot of assets there is a significant up to 2 minute lag before players can actually look for what we need.

    For example if i type "Rev..." it will pause for a quite a while to show me a lot unrelated assets and locations ... and after that i will type rest to find what i am looking for.
    2+ search cycles instead of one.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/StainGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Do it for the little guy.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    New player one week gameplay feedback

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    I played EVE back maybe 06 before the Alpha tiered became a thing. I never got really far (I remember someone gifting me a mining ship and I got bored of Veldspar) and never looked back.

    Now that I have actual money to spent I thought about giving the game another shot. I played a week mostly doing all the Career Missions to learn the game. They were very helpful minus the lack of more advanced gameplay like trading and PvP. Or D Scan.

    I quickly learned how to stay safe and have made about 200m in just exploring WH. Haven't died yet, got close. Now I have some thoughts about the game.

    1. It's very exhilarating to be hunted when you have half your net worth in your ship and you're trying to fly back to your Home Station. It's also a thrill to find goodies and learn about the value.

    2. It's very sad and grim to be getting Combat Probed by players in wormhole constantly when youre flying a ship that's like 5% of their value. And to have people tell you not to type in Local because then everyone will hunt you down.

    3. It's even more sad for me to hear people compensate the noobs who die and teach them NOT to do that. On surface this is how the game is and the people are being helpful but when you have a game that's suppose to be a simulation, it just shows that it is human nature to kill the weak. In olden times, or in third worlds, this is how it works. You can get killed and there's nobody to get your justice. But luckily this is a game and there are no real consequences. So worse thing happen I lose 5% of my wealth and some game play time.

    4. There are no real consequences to dying other than losing money. Especially suicide ganking. I don't have problem with null sec being a reflection of the "Dark Forest Theory", other than it being bleak and reality of human nature. I find it so silly that suicide ganking can be a legit play style. In RL, your buddy can't just loot your corpse while your ass gets taken to jail. The cops will take your stuff and give it to your kin. That's really how it should work. Now if your buddy takes the loot before the cops gets here, that's fine. I also think putting players On Ice (Altered Carbon term) makes more sense. Than damn this guy just blew this guy up AND killed his escape pod, let's break his ship. He is free to go right away tho. Total immersion breaking

    5. Player economy is incredible in every way. Courier, mining, structures. It all seems so dynamic and exciting.

    Overall I think I'll play for another few weeks. I can see myself getting bored though. I don't see a point of making money for no real end. I think there is some missed potential in having a single CONCORD entity rather than individual police for the Factions. I can see the game being more meaningful and popular if Faction Warfare is more devastating and bounties are local to Factions. And escalating to CONCORD level action where NPC will apprehend you, trial you, and punish you for taking lives and taking wealth from others. That would be a much more realistic and fun game. Imagine being the most wanted by CONCORD, have both players AND NPC hunt you, and have them capture you to "trial", only for your Corp to bail you out and bring you back to nullsec. How realistic and exciting would that be. When Death and crime just gets you a slap on the wrist, it breaks immersion and is boring.

    submitted by /u/bktechnite
    [link] [comments]

    Prediction about Trig systems

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    People keep discussing whether Trig invaded systems will begin to spawn wormhole connections at an abnormal rate, or whether the suns might become links to e.g. Jovian space...

    I have a different prediction; we've seen in trailers the implication that the Trig mothership can move through these 'star wormholes'... Maybe that's exactly what they will become; wormholes that can accommodate supers.

    I know that caps can't move into the systems now, since they're still 'hisec without CONCORD', but if in the future the gates are shutdown, and they begin to spawn exits into NS/LS/W-space...

    Seems to me like they could serve a parallel role to what shattered holes were meant to; interconnected but un-colonizable connection systems. But where shattered holes were limited to small ships, these would accommodate all ships.

    submitted by /u/dont_ban_me_bruh
    [link] [comments]

    Video my friend made of an epic fight we had earlier tonight.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    How many people just have 1 account in EVE?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    How common is it for the average player to just have 1 account 1 main?

    submitted by /u/Lisvane20
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Venture 2020 Omega Meta Build

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. New to the game and the in-game newbie help has been so great and helpful so far, so thanks for that!

    I caved and bought Omega last night for this month only so I can try get to a point of buying it next month using in-game money and because I LOVE mining.

    I'm hoping someone can help me find a decent build for a Venture with Omega. All the guides seem to be based on Alpha. I know I want to mine in high sec so not sure if that means I can drop drones or lasers for defence.

    Thanks in advance Eve Community, you've all helped me out so much already!

    EDIT: I should have been slightly clearer. I do NOT intend on using the Venture till I can get Omega. I would kill to upgrade asap to obviously help bring in even more money. I was just asking for a best scenario outfitting for now until I know more and can join a Corp plus buy a ORE ship or barge.

    submitted by /u/Spitfyre99
    [link] [comments]

    AAR - Boo Bees (Brave Op)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    AAR - BOO BEES (Stratop)

    Objective - Save the I1Y Ihub.

    We formed roughly 60 people with 35 in hawks, and the rest in toasting and support ships. As soon as we reach 3-F, word had reached us of a Jackdaw fleet headed by a monitor lurking about in Northern Querious. This set the nerves of the fleet, but we stayed calm and steady. We set toasters around the constelation while maintaining the fleet in I1Y so we could monitor the progress and be in a semi central place to the rest of the neighbouring systems. Once the hostile fleet were spotted by scouts, I instructed our dictors to go to the OTKF gate in 3-F and bubble both sides in the hopes that we could get onto the gate first and pick off the first emergences of the hostiles. Unfortunately the hostile fleet were very swift and got into 3-F before we could get to the gate. So we regrouped on the friendly structure in system. The INIT Jackdaw fleet comprised of 100+ Jackdaws & Supports. They warped onto one of our toasters in 3-F and so I decided to warp us in at range, start aligning back to the structure and just try to pick some of their fleet off with hit and run tactics. However, before we could even realign the INIT fleet took our both of our command links and 4 other Hawks. So we got back to our structure. It was clear plan 1 wasn't going to work. So plan 2 was to sit in system and try to ninja the win as we only had 1 more node to achieve the objective. Unfortunately our toasters spool times were not in our favour as INIT went around picking them off. So as to not lose the entire entosis wing, I instructed them to get safe in which ever systems they were in. Plan 3, I went back to the hit and run tactics but with a different goal in mind. This time I thought we could warp around the constelation and pick off THEIR toasters. However the Jackdaws were very swift on our tail in their merciless chase and so this didn't work out. By this point I had exhausted all my ideas and I wasn't prepared to whelp the entire fleet. So at this I decided we would head home. The INIT FC was very good, and it was a very steep learning curve for this shiny new Stratop FC, so I have nothing but respect for their fleet, as although we were vastly outnumbered it was still a fun engagement.

    So, we may have lost this battle, but we have not lost the war!

    Huge thanks to the Brave members for allowing me to be their FC. Big thanks to Paul Hipster (The People's FC, and my mentor) for his guidance and wisdom as we went. And a final thanks to Facial Wipe and the AARP crew that came to supplement our numbers.Make sure to keep joining fleets! Keep having fun! and keep going PEWPEW!

    Much love,
    Kel Drosto, Stratop FC, The Peoples Prodigy

    submitted by /u/Kel_Drosto
    [link] [comments]

    Considering rejoining Eve after many years

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    TL;DR - Used to be hardcore eve player now with years of rust and children. Is there a place for me in null sec?

    I used to play pretty hardcore many many years ago (like, 8-9? ish? maybe?) I tried a brief comeback a few years ago (4-5?) but it didn't last too long.

    I've got a few old accounts with skills ranging from fleet support to logistics. I was just starting to get some kind of proper fleet attack stuff (I think stealth bomber) on one alt, but I honestly don't remember much. I have (maybe had) an orca on one too.

    I was a null sec pirate back in the day. I generally handled pirate corp logistic and fleet support operations. I would fly point, or act as a support point in larger battles. I would handle couriers and the like as well. At one point, I even ran the alliance player owned bank. We made good money, handed out loans and overall had a good time. I returned everyone's funds (all 3ish trillion) to each person before I left the game, so there is a degree of trustworthiness.

    All this to say, I wanna play again. Now though, I have more real life to get in the way, so I honestly don't know if I should play. I have 2 kids, and a solid job. Both kids are under 2 years old. I'd love to get back into null sec shenanigans again. Is there a way I can balance things well enough to be useful to a corp, have a good time, and still, you know, feed the children?

    submitted by /u/syphontwo
    [link] [comments]

    Zkill having issues?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    I think the owner is active in reddit so I figured I'd make a post and bring it to attention. Seems to be having issues logging some kills and is seriously over valuing certain ships at the moment for whatever reason.

    Last night me and the bois took a trip into WH space and picked up some blingy Nestor kills but only 1 of the 2 killed showed up and Zkill instead registered the other pilots frigate escape bay astero and not the Nestor. Not the only thing not to show up lately just my example. https://zkillboard.com/kill/86484199/

    https://zkillboard.com/kill/86484206/

    Then on the top kills we have 2 Wyverns one of which is nearly completely unfit yet still makes the top because it's valuing the Wyvern hull at 26B+ (nearly 10Bil more than the others).

    https://zkillboard.com/kill/86505786/

    https://zkillboard.com/kill/86454456/

    TL:DR Zkill is kill plz fix ❤️

    submitted by /u/Noble-2-Kat
    [link] [comments]

    Lol cloaks don't work in the event systems

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Weak Metaliminal Storm highlights:-bigger EM hole

    -easier exploration

    -faster cap recharge

    -badass system graphics

    -NO CLOAKING IN SYSTEM

    submitted by /u/provibuilder
    [link] [comments]

    What if EDENCOM ships are meant to suck because of lore?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    Half-baked idea that popped in a hazy dream. What if the EDENCOM ships are meant to be completely useless? The ships are designed by committee (in the lore) to sound as "cool" as possible and have been cringely named accordingly. StrikeSnipe and ElectroPunch really seems like the kind of name a committee would come up with for "maximum marketability".

    Maybe their design by committee is an in-lore reason why they suck. I'm sure if we dig sufficiently we might be able to invent find other lore reasons why they're meant to be woefully underpowered.

    submitted by /u/Ghi102
    [link] [comments]

    New player - Triglavian Invasion questions

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    New player, probably stupid question, sorry in advance. Currently struggling to navigate to certain agents I have been trying to gain reputation standings with. There is a Triglavian Invasion in the System I want to go in/through. I have lost my ship and died a few times trying to make it through. Is there anyway to avoid this or can I simply not go there until it's over? How long do they last? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Super_Sundae
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment