• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    Eve Online A while back an alliance member fell into a rough place in life and had to leave EVE for a bit. This is how we handled it, and I'm beyond proud.

    Eve Online A while back an alliance member fell into a rough place in life and had to leave EVE for a bit. This is how we handled it, and I'm beyond proud.


    A while back an alliance member fell into a rough place in life and had to leave EVE for a bit. This is how we handled it, and I'm beyond proud.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:00 PM PST

    My Xmas Gift This Year

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:54 PM PST

    May you all find porpoise in eve.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Oh noes...should I do it?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:47 AM PST

    21 weeks of war - The big Six Zkill activity numbers

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:12 AM PST

    Ragnarok Model 1:1000 Scale, Medium: Wood - By Master El-Tom

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Any Goons that play guitar? This is a must-have.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:12 PM PST

    my porpoise is dancing

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:12 PM PST

    BUYERS BEWARE, 50% OFF 3 MONTH OMEGA + 3 MONTH MCT is easily misinterpreted

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:21 AM PST

    The sale going on currently is worded by a good marketing team. The 50% OFF 3 MONTH OMEGA + 3 MONTH MCT is easily misinterpreted as there is no differentiation in the wording of 2 distinct products. They are selling a bundle with 3 (months) of Multiple Character Training. It is NOT I repeat it is not a Certificate like we are used to getting. SO you cannot redeem it and then sell it. It is unfortunate because now I feel cheated right after Christmas, but it is what it is.

    Spend safe out there o7

    submitted by /u/SnakJar
    [link] [comments]

    How does this Machariel fit work?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    I'm slowly inching towards being able to competently fly a Machariel, for no reason other than to fly a Machariel - I like the ship and want to own one. So I'm starting to budget and look at fits for when I can actually fly one.

    I've had this fit saved for a while but never looked at it in detail. I think I got it off the Level 4 Mission Fits channel in the game.

    [Machariel, Machariel L4] Capacitor Flux Coil II Capacitor Flux Coil II Capacitor Flux Coil II Domination Gyrostabilizer Domination Gyrostabilizer Domination Gyrostabilizer Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster Multispectrum Shield Hardener II Multispectrum Shield Hardener II Shield Boost Amplifier II Shield Boost Amplifier II Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive Drone Link Augmentor I 800mm Repeating Cannon II 800mm Repeating Cannon II 800mm Repeating Cannon II 800mm Repeating Cannon II 800mm Repeating Cannon II 800mm Repeating Cannon II 800mm Repeating Cannon II Large Capacitor Control Circuit I Large Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I Large Projectile Ambit Extension II Gecko x2 Hornet II x5 Arch Angel Fusion L x7000 Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L x14000 

    Amount of bling aside, I can't see how this fit would work. It uses autocannons, so it works at the distances of 40km or so, give or take, which is pretty close. At the same time, it uses an MWD and it has enough cap for 1 minute and 48 seconds. At 40km, it will be shot and hit - particularly since it will probably be kiting away from the targets in a straight line (so as not to mess with the autocannon's tracking). I suppose it could slowboat and get shot at while running the shield booster, and if it gets to be too much, shut off the shield booster and then MWD away, then shut off the MWD and wait for the shield booster to fix the shield. It all seems godawfully inefficient though, especially for a ship that costs 1.6B ISK.

    So how does this build work? And is there a better way to fit a Machariel for PvE missions?

    submitted by /u/MagnusTBorovitz
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a new toy :P

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:29 AM PST

    Foxholers: When the Stabber Bump Issue hits just right

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:45 AM PST

    Small breakdown of current meta?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:34 PM PST

    Hey y'all, returning player here that's SUPER OOL. Can anyone give me a small breakdown of current PvE and PvP metas? For instance, the last time I played missiles were widely considered to be complete garbage. I want to say... 2014 or something? Are missiles still shit? Are there any particular turret or weapon types that are far worse or better than the others?

    I guess generally what I'm asking is what would be a good race and weapon type to start working towards as a new player.

    submitted by /u/Tarondin
    [link] [comments]

    Going to Pochven to boost standings, will this Corax fit do?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:25 PM PST

    I'm currently looking to repair my EDENCOM standings soon, since I'll be ready to redo the SOE Epic Arc in a few weeks and there are several Edencom systems along the route. While I do understand the gist of how to do things (warp to a drone anom at 0 since drones spawn at a distance, kill the biggest rat you can, run away to a safe spot, wait out the standing timer and then do it again) I could use some advice on a few things:

    • While most people who mention grinding standings by attacking rogue drones mention using Thrashers and Cormorants, my missile skills are generally a lot better than my gunnery skills. I also have two Coraxes with this fit that I can basically throw away if I want. Will these do for anti-drone work, or is some aspect (such as the missile travel time) going to get in the way? If the real answer is "nobody's tried it before", then I'm happy to be the first, I'd just like to know if anyone has experience with that kind of fit.
    • What is the likelihood of an encounter with either sleepers or unfriendly players? I've gotten killed before, it doesn't worry me, but I would like to know how likely it is that I can kill enough enemies to improve my standing before I inevitable get jumped by one of the Tyrannos npcs or a hunter in a Gila.
    • I have positive Trig standings so I can dock up at a station. I've heard you can buy filaments back home for like 10,000 ISK, is that true?
    submitted by /u/Bradley271
    [link] [comments]

    Most Active & Influential LowSec Entities in game?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:58 AM PST

    Who are the big players in lowsec now? How has it changed in the last 5 years and are those guys still around.

    submitted by /u/SanshaLord
    [link] [comments]

    Winter Ice Mining Event Ship restriction :)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:13 AM PST

    [VIDEO] GOONSWARM - Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmoviks

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:50 AM PST

    T'was the night before Christmas

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:34 AM PST

    ***VIDEO AT BOTTOM OF POST***

    Dec. 22nd, Sib Squad had a convenient direct WH from Tenerifis to TXME, they formed with banderlogs in Cerbs to attempt to reinforce the IHUB for a Dec. 24th timer. We formed and pinged Se7en-Sins to help defend. We formed 32 nightmares initially + support and 1 fax vs 62 cerbs initially. Once we were in the area we jumped into TXME where the cerb fleet was waiting while their entosis remained on the TXME ihub. Se7en-Sins formed a fax + a few carriers and as we jumped into TXME they managed to roll the WH sib squad had preventing an easy escape or easy reinforcements. Meanwhile V0LTA + friends were fighting the cerbs on gate and once the WH to tenerifis was collapsed Se7en-Sins warped to the ihub to clear toasters. Sib squad took losses and warped to the ihub to try to save the toasters and finish the reinforce.

    We follow with our fleet to the ihub and stop the entosis from reinforcing the ihub with 3 seconds remaining. We keep fighting until sib squad warp off and everyone takes a break.

    Round 2: Sib squad reship people into cerbs, and we reship and re-ping for more nightmares. We fight over the ihub again, this time we lose only 2 broadswords who died keeping banderlogs from using 5 MJD dessies to boosh us. We setup 2 fax 50 km apart from each other to get more grid coverage in case we did get booshed.

    https://br.evetools.org/related/30002901/202012221800

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RUyboymb40&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=EddBC

    P.S. Rodkin is strongest member of Banderlogs.

    submitted by /u/Danatious
    [link] [comments]

    What does EVE have that other games don't?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:02 PM PST

    Been playing as an alpha for about a week now and this game just doesn't feel fun to me.

    Speaking from a spaceship game perspective Starsector, BFG:A, anything from the X series, Elite:Dangerous, and Rebel Galaxy all have it beat in terms of time in the game spent looking at the game instead of another monitor.

    Speaking from an MMO perspective both Star Trek Online and Warframe have better combat and although they lack the all-player economy does that really matter to you unless you're sitting in the markets trading all day? Black Desert Online and Albion Online have the all player economy and BDO even has pvp just as final as EVE.

    Everyone tells me what the best ways to grind are, and that I'm grinding to PvP. They then tell me no trust me PvP is fun because it's really deep and final.

    So if the appeal of the game is PvP between either large or small groups and is engaging because you lose your stuff when you die, why not play Rust or Tarkov both of which I greatly enjoy? If I really want spaceship hardcore PvP then Space Engineers has some excellent PvP servers and I can even build my own ship there.

    The more I think about it, the more I realize that this is a game from 2003 and it feels like it.

    submitted by /u/DukeDankins
    [link] [comments]

    Help with tier 1 abyssal sites

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:47 AM PST

    So ive been doing the tier 0 ones in a kestrel no problem. I tried a calm dark tier 1 abyssal deadspace and i keep coming up against ships that can heal more hp then i can damage making the encounter impossible.

    Im using the fitting from the community fittings tab ingame called tier 1 dark abyssal.

    Ive done 2 tier 1s and both failed. First one i came up against a battle ship in room 2 and my damage woudnt even touch it.

    The 2nd one i got to room 3 and had to kill 3 frigates but all 3 was healing more than i could damage.

    Any tips? Or cheapish fittings. I currently have 20 mil

    submitted by /u/aaron_campion
    [link] [comments]

    My 2020 Year Rewind

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:41 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment