• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 04, 2020

    Eve Online Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 04, 2020


    Weekly /r/Eve No Question is Stupid Thread - June 04, 2020

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Thread comments will be sorted by "New" by default so the newest questions are at the top.

    Newbies / Returning players please visit our newbie-help channel on the /r/eve discord: https://discord.gg/uHpxFaA

    Alternatively check out reddit.com/r/evenewbies

    Useful Links:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Some custom Exhumers near the Bowhead (100% lego)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    I made some coasters

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    [MEME] r/eve right now

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Custom Bowhead made from lego

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I found Hilmar's secret stash.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Lowsec fight, I guess

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    https://br.inyour.space/?s=45319&b=9165720&e=143&t=rfvubaabaaaaqaeeraeq

    WANGS/Galmil defend astrahus from STFU., Dreadbomb., and Dock Workers. Some null boys show up.

    Knowing what was waiting for us, we took straw poll and 80% wanted fight; Wangs went in with machs vs cerbs, some dreads jumped to blast wang faxes, feroxes came in, wangs committed dreads, other side committed dreads, wangs warped subs off and dread brawled after bleeding 20 machs. Astrahus dies.

    gfs

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315188220058927104/718317342588796938/525475-spartans-300-wallpaper-1920x1200-720p.jpg

    submitted by /u/natealtol
    [link] [comments]

    New jump gate animation

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Bring back Clone Grades! Eve is for hardcore players only

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    How I wish EVE looked. (Before / After slider)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Before / After Slider : https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=809f36da-a6ff-11ea-a7cb-0edaf8f81e27

    I love the night. I love the dark side of space. Whenever I fly I always turn away from the sun because it is blinding to me and while the nebula's are beautiful, some or most of them can be as bright as the sun. Mix it in with some gas clouds and you can't see. All this light takes away from the mystery and eerriness of space. I love the new music added this patch, but its not as creepy because the lights are on the brightness setting.

    EVE is a beautiful game, but there is so much brightness that it can even impair one's ability to see the user interface. I feel if the graphics were slightly adjusted to lower the brightness of the sun, nebulas, gas clouds, and some of the stars, eve might regain some unique beauty instead of it being a spot light in your face, at least while your facing the sun, gas clouds, and some bright nebula's.

    So I decided to take a photo in space I thought was too bright and change it more to my liking. This before pic was taken in null sec with a 30% brightness and low pp.

    Which do you like better?

    submitted by /u/joshem8
    [link] [comments]

    Nice patch CCP

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Botting Ishtars Rejoice!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    professional escape artist

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    When you loot from a bashed citadel with so many blueprints in 1 hangar can that afterwards theres tidi

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    New gate jump animation PSA

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    You can initiate warp from both your d scanner or route dropdown to save yourself the 8 seconds of filler it forces you to sit through.

    edit: you also appear in local at this point and lose 8 seconds of gate cloak due to this so thanks there too.

    we did it reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/gwfxtj/new_gate_jump_animation_psa/fsvc0hc/

    submitted by /u/Cephei_Eve
    [link] [comments]

    Isk thoughts

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    A few thoughts on earning isk in Eve:

    I began with ratting and mining in null in T1 ships
    Did PI for quite a while -- fun to setup, horribly repetitive after that
    Then worked my way up to a Rorqual -- until the first big Rorqual nerf in 2017
    Tried living in a C2 WH for a while -- boring, then the corp I was in flaked out
    Then I switched to carrier ratting in null -- until the big carrier / fighter nerf in 2019
    Then I tried smartbomb ratting -- until it was nerfed
    Then I switched to incursions -- until TVP died (was getting boring)
    Then I tried mission running -- a strange combination of repetitive and frustrating
    Also tried Abyssals, but got tired of being hunted and jumped on the way out
    Did station trading for a while -- until it got nerfed

    So then I took a break for about a year, and have just come back.

    I've done exploration all along. I enjoy it as a sideline, but it gets repetitive if I do it too much. I sometimes enjoy fleets, but I live in New Zealand, so timezones are usually a problem. I still enjoy industry. I can fly almost every ship in the game. I have three accounts, two of which are still in Alpha. I'm currently based in Jita, in my own corp.

    My current plan is to try exploration again for a while, and see how that goes. My guess is that I'll get bored again quickly. I've also considered highsec Orca mining.

    Any suggestions about new things I might try (or new twists on old ones) that haven't been nerfed yet would be appreciated. I don't care about excitement or making a fortune; I'm mainly just looking for a fun gameloop that will cover monthly plex costs.

    submitted by /u/AceFalcone
    [link] [comments]

    Station expansion at Jita 4-4 is progressing well!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    Thank god

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Inaya is now classified as a "Triglavian Minor Victory"

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    After looking at /r/eve and having found thousands of them so far, in almost every station we've bashed ...

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Fit Kitchen: The Loki

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    What would you guys say are the best items to manufacture with PI

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I was thinking either robotics or nanite repair paste but I'm not too sure. Does anyone have any advice regarding getting in to it as well? I have sov nullsec to operate in if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Kwsagitarii
    [link] [comments]

    Plex Price

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    AFK for 2 years, the plex price dropped from 4m to 2.5m?! What happened?

    Besides, is solo pvp still a thing?

    submitted by /u/cender13
    [link] [comments]

    Finding My Place - An EVE Player Story

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    I wanted to write down my story in EVE Online, a short story of a decade plus.

    EVE Online started for me in 2012, after watching the trailer video, EVE Online: The Butterfly Effect. I must have watched it about ten times, and countless more times during the years to this day. I wanted a story like that, to see my story fold out and have experiences such as that.

    It began for me as it does for most, going it alone and trying to learn as much as I could. It took me a bit of time, but eventually I had that light-bulb moment where the game just clicked in my mind to just how vast and amazing it could be. I stayed in High Sec for months, learning, earning and trying to find my place. For me, it was salvaging, something about it just resonated with me. When the time came that I decided I wanted to try PVP, I found a suitable corp in the Solitude region where I was able to learn and make friends. Some time passed and I was a proficient Logi pilot. All the videos and stories I read showed me that Null Sec was the place to be. I dove in and joined the first Null Sec entity I could.

    Over the next few years I had been all over Null Sec with multiple alliances, and took part in some of the biggest stories and fights to happen. I flew in many fleets during the Halloween War, flew countless frigates during the battle of HED-GP, I was in my trusty Exequror helping hold a Gate leading to B-R5RB during the bloodbath and fighting hard for Guardians of the Galaxy in the war against the Imperium.

    Come late 2018, I was a member of a corp in DARKNESS as a logi pilot. At the time we were fighting big fights every other day. While out in one such large scale battle, I was flying my Basilisk alongside my fellow Logi doing our part to keep the fleet alive. Wasn't a hard fight, but it went on for what seemed like hours with little action. I found myself zoomed out looking at the full scale of the fight, hundreds of ships, countless bubbles. I looked and tried to find my ship in this mass but I couldn't make it out.

    It was at that moment that it hit me, like I just got struck by lightning. I was just a random person, may as well have been Logi Pilot Number 27, lost in this madness. Everyone on the field knew who the FC's and leaders were, the people with storied histories, but the members like me, who were we?. It shouldn't have bothered me but it really got to me. As we winded down and were on the long trip home I couldn't get the thought out of my head. This was my story after all these years. Could I even call it a story? Nobody would care to read it and it wouldn't even sell in a bargain bin.

    We get home, fleet disbands, FC's are thanked and we all go about our business. I sat there, still tethered to our Keepstar. I looked at it non stop and realized my story was just to play a part in the stories of others. I ended up watching the Butterfly Effect again, and remembering why I got into the game.

    I failed...I didn't forge a story of my own. I had the EVE equivalent of a midlife crisis.

    I logged out right after, having completely lost the will to play again. Few days pass, I fly around doing my own thing, the thoughts of the day before still fresh in my mind. Finally I had enough. I evacuated my assets to High Sec, sold the rest and dropped corp.

    I unsubbed, and honestly thought at that moment that I'd never play EVE again.

    I kept up with the news and saw the new Triglavian content was coming. I resubbed and went at it full speed. Very enjoyable content with a new corp that I joined. But again I felt it, I wasn't playing to forge a story, just going along with everyone else's. I stopped again only to return after a few months, EVE had its death grip on me. I went solo in High Sec, working on trying to find my place. I must have spent weeks looking at so many corps and what to focus on. I stared at my character, and everytime he stared back at me and the memory of that realization would come back. I failed to forge a story of my own...

    I made a decision and acted upon it. I biomassed all of my characters and assets.

    It wasn't an easy action to click that big red X, honestly I felt like I was ripping an arm off and it took me a few minutes to work up the courage. Most would call me completely insane for doing so stating I gained nothing from this. However I gained something very valuable. A fresh start, unchained by my failings in the past. I left one random character with less than 2m SP intact and took a short break.

    When I came back this year during the crisis I found a new motivation, my past was gone, deleted and unrecoverable. Honestly I felt liberated by that fact. I was more motivated and excited than ever to play EVE, and this time I would forge a story of my own. I joined a couple of corps but I saw myself just repeating my routine, so I left and started a journey all of my own.

    I found my salvation in a place I never considered, Roleplay.

    Since I first started EVE I always had an interest in the Lore, but I never participated in its study and research. With my new start I have dedicated myself to the study of EVE's lore, and also forged a story and goal of my own in the rescue of abandoned drones and building ships to sell in contracts and fighting the good fight on the side of the Triglavians. I finally found my goal, and I will forge a story for myself that I can look back on with pride instead of regret.

    Thanks for reading and fly safe o7

    submitted by /u/Wyrmlimion
    [link] [comments]

    Raravoss down to -1.0

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment